Model:What!? (The next one, if...)

Have to agree a Model: Physical would be a great addition to the arsenal. Or a little wavetable synth designed around percussion.

2 Likes

:laughing:

another Model Samples, that Samples, stereo support, and large ram and storage upgrade+ sample chop shop, and additional FX

Model: ular

3 Likes

Model:cloud

by god man, what does that even mean!

Model: Village

As you carry it around with that new handle, it randomly samples bits of audio from your surroundings, and local radio stations.

Then you can make tasty musique concrete with your volatile samples (nothing gets saved on power off) and morph your sounds into new districts with dedicated parameters including Dialect, Accent, Shop shuts at 8, and Pub Lunch

6 Likes

Model:Concrète

3 Likes

Model:Kraftwerk

“We are the handlebars…”

Model:DIY

1 Like

Model:SFX

3 Likes

Model:Paul

For ultra sample timestretching (like Paulstretch)

2 Likes

Model:faudio

Literally Koala in hardware form

isn’t the model samples the closest hardware to the the Samplr app on the iPad?

1 Like

No, not really. Something like the Tasty Chips GR-1 is closer.

2 Likes

oh yeah, forgot about that one

If they were to do another one I’d defo want it to be focused on non-percussion synthesis. If it is basically another drum machine I’d probably pass. edit: actually a little wavetable synth with proper envelope would be fun.

1 Like

YES, DEFINITELY MORE COWBELL PLEASE! Analog would be choice too at those price points w/multiple voices or just do a full 8 voice DT box and a 4 voice model:analog, oh yeah!

1 Like

The silver boxes are based on a pretty old Motorola DSP, you would need to port old assembler code made by different people for that specific processor, none of which are still working at Elektron. They would also need a much more powerful processor than what is available on the Digi-series, which would mean that you would also have to establish a new platform architecture.
I’ve summed up what I’ve read from an ex Elektron employee.

1 Like

Model:FX. 4 channel Mixer / FX box, performance mixer like The OT but without sampling. Steal the Saturation or Enhancement and Round fuzz or High Gain distortion circuits from AH, then add as many high q. modulation effects as possible (at least the A4 chorus, reverb and delay). The OT crossfader would be really dope.

Individual ins and outs for the 4 channels, and the Elektron sequencer for the effects with p.locks etc. Seamless integration with the other Models via midi.

6 Likes