Model:Samples - midi interference or?

Hello, first time poster here.

I have been trying to hook up all my gear together so they sync or sequence. I currently have the following setup:

Behringer RD-6 as main clock
midi out to Model:Samples
sync out to Korg Monologue

Model:Samples
midi in from RD-6
midi out to Ju-06

Ju-06
midi in from model:samples

Korg Monologue
sync in from RD-6

Now everything is on the same tempo, but on the model:samples, my bassline becomes severely distorted and unusable. When I press stop on the RD-6, the bassline returns. When I stop the M:S, the RD-6 seems to keep sending signals to the M:S — not only does track 1 keep lighting up on the beat, I also hear a diminished signal playing the bass sample.

Does anyone know what could be going on??

It’s almost certainly a MIDI issue wrt the info being sent from the RD6 that is being received on the MS - all info over and above transport that is - if this is toggleable on RD6 do that

otherwise, a midi monitor for clues or disable note receive etc (or all midi except transport/clock) on MS

…m:s is pretty sub optimized for acting as the midi center piece…and hosting all ur midi ballpark…to be honest…are u aware of the fact that the models only mirror their internal trackcontent once it comes to midi…?
u got three midi devvices there, all waiting for midi information to know what to play…
that reduces all ur internal track options of the model down to three left, that can really do their own individual thing…
or is it part of ur concept that all ur external gear is just mocking/doubling what happens in ur model track programmings…?

maybeee, u wanna consider selling the models, put a few bux on top and get a 2nd hand takt instead, which offers an individual midi sequencer to adress external midi gear…
leaving 8 individual sample track still open to whatever u wanna do…plus u got a truu sampler at hand…which is also a big game changer, once u can sample ur external gear also…not to mention that it can host/sum up ur external audio signals also…

warm welcome, either way…

As hinted at above, the RD-6 is likely sending MIDI Note messages to the M:S when the former’s sequencer is running.

If you don’t want that to happen, you can go into the M:S’s CONFIG > MIDI > IN CHAN and set all of T1 IN to T6 IN to “OFF” (see page 40 of the M:S manual) so that none of the M:S’s six tracks respond to incoming MIDI notes.

1 Like