Model:Samples HipHop

Bro these are incredible.

Honestly, I’ve been spending the last few hours of GAS induced searching for demos of the MS but this playlist just had me stop and just relax while enjoying your work and forgetting about gear for a moment. Solid stuff.

Would you mind sharing a bit about your workflow? Do you do a ton of pre-production before adding samples to the MS or do you do a lot of the shaping onboard?

3 Likes

agreed. these are bad ass. nice job!

2 Likes

I also want to know the process :wink:

1 Like

Dope playlist! Authentic Boom Bap sound. Now that you’ve showed your skills, you may have to start YouTube tutorials.

1 Like

Thanks you all.

The process is very easy, i put old school sounding samples in the m:s and play it :smirk:.
The secret : keep it simple and swing all to get that groove.
I get the samples from Raw Cutz packs, old e-lab packs and Goldbaby sp1200 for the drums. I only use one shot samples, no loops, i pitch them and filter the way i want in the ms.
All the beats are based on one pattern, 1 or 2bars long, with some trig conditions and i play with the tracks mute for live record the output via usb.
Tracks 1, 2 and 3 are for kick, snare and hithat, 4 for bass and the two others for musical samples.

Now i plan to load my own samples in the MS, sampled with serato samples in reaper, with rx950 vst to add the old school sampler flavour and layered vinyle noise. I’ll share u that!

4 Likes

@drrumble these beats are great. Great vibe and sound. What’s the recording path? USB to computer? Do you do any post-processing at all? The mixing is nice and clean. I just picked up a M:S and while I don’t do much hip-hop / boombap, I’m inspired by what you’re able to do with this little box.

1 Like

Thanks !

Yes i record with usb, with the windows vocal recorder :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
You have nothing to do, just plug the M:S and record, it’s very quick. Next i put all the tracks in reaper and apply Ozone Elements with just EQ and Limiter to make it sound louder (the usb output have headroom). That’s all.

1 Like

Nice - thanks for the info. Just finished the playlist and I need more!

There is more coming soon :+1:
I can’t stop play that box! Got it since one month and i made something like one beat a day…

Dope beats! Makes me want to cope one and see what I can do with its limitations.

1 Like

I just put it on youtube, 20 minutes, 12 boombap beats! Model samples only.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to listen to it while working tomorrow!

1 Like

Listened to it twice in a row yesterday… that’s dope, you’ve nailed that golden age sound!

Did you program all the patterns at the same bpm?

1 Like

No more beats @drrumble ? Love what you made on MS.

1 Like

Only found these now… but I gotta say I love the sound you get out of the ms! Props!

1 Like

Sorry i didn’t seen your message…so 6 month later, yes, all beats are 90bpm!
Thanks for the kind comments.

sorry to hear you sell the model :nerd_face:

Thanks a lot! I was working on another project, but i still making beat on the M:S when i got free time. I wait to have 12 or 16 and i’ll make another beat tape soon :wink:

1 Like

I didn’t sell it! I was thinking about it to get a digitakt or mpc one, but i love this little white box.

Thanks a lot!