Model:Samples Feature Requests Thread

Would anyone else be interested in a ‘kit’ function? Example being, in the Pattern Menu there would be a choice to use a ‘kit.’ The kit parameters would stay the same even through pattern changes, similar in ways to an MPC. This would avoid any leaps when changing patterns (that share the same kit) and allow you build songs for playing live. Already sent a request to elektron but i’m wondering if anyone else would find this useful.

2 Likes

I feel like the model: series will have alot less real feature updates compared to other elektron machines

1 Like

That’s normal when you consider the price range. And they are already fully featured for the price! Most of what we ask here is bonus.

I’ve been trying to upload my own samples in this ‘kit’ format, but I understand what you mean. It would be really nice to save kits, like Analog 4, in order to access tweaked sounds fairly quickly. At the moment, I simply Copy the Pattern I’m using and then Paste it to retain the samples I’ve loaded plus the tempo and any and all tweaks I’ve made. Not as easy as having something cued up in the memory, but could be a temporary work around.

The Transfer software makes it easy to create files and load, but I see what you mean about saving those “in-the-box”
I’ve been doing a similar thing as well (808,909,etc), but really wish multiple patterns could share the same track/sample and their current parameters. It would make playing live more exciting, without having to p-lock everything ahead of time. Much like using a 808/909 and changing patterns, the rhythms changes but sounds stay the same.

8 posts were split to a new topic: No rename / right click in Transfer 1.2.2.9?

How are you D? I find myself drawn back into the Elektron fold because the M:S looked so much fun. Enjoying it so far! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The possibility via Elktron Trsfr to move the samples in the folders.
Latest update makes navigation easy thanks to the tab at the top of the screen
:+1:t4: :kissing_smiling_eyes: :cowboy_hat_face: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hiya mate :wink: yeah not too bad, nice to see you back around these parts! I didn’t nab a M:S yet hope to eventually though, but looking forward to hearing your jams if you post any :+1:

So I’ve been playing with my new M:S for about 2 days now and as a previous Digitakt owner I have to same I’m very impressed. I was basically looking for a cheap DT replacement and I pretty much got it. I was able to make similar beats (minus being able to actually sample) but it definitely scratched the Elektron itch for me so far.

There are only a few features requests that I think would be solid without impeding on the functionality of the bigger boxes:

1. fine tune adjustment of start and end points for removing clicks and more detailed p-lock sample chopping

2. a different color for the playhead and for trigless locks. Both can be hard to differentiate.

3. auto scrolling text for longer sample names.

And that’s pretty much all I can think of. It’d be nice to have a small waveform to work with but it’s not absolutely necessary.

6 Likes

:+1:

fine tune adjustment of start and end points
Yeah i need that too, pitch adjustment is already dope, i will try with LFO start if it works for fine adjustment

1 Like

A little soon but another request: Asio drivers for the Models. Just tried using it as an interface with Ableton and it was not a very pleasant experience. High latency and lots of drop outs.

LCD display sleep: Because it’s so convenient, I’m using the M:S as USB soundcard at home going straight into my baby Genelecs. Since it will stay on for days and days, it would be nice if were be an option that puts the display to sleep after some time of inactivity.

2 Likes

You know something I would really like on all elektron machines?

The ctrl all function is by far my favorite classic elektron feature, it’s implemented very well. But I would really love if there were a menu or some sort of way to exclude a track from the ctr all parameter changes. Sort of like muting the parameter changes for that track

6 Likes

Separate output on headphone out
Auto scrolling for long names
Pattern naming in software editor
Better navigation in samples directories (maybe use of shortcuts)
Side chaining

3 Likes
  1. Mute Mode is a must have feature while performing. Holding Func button sometimes forces you to use both hands on one machine for such a simple action like muting.

2. Decay shapes - maybe in some sub menu? Decay envelope is now exponential what can cause in “loosing” some low frequencies when is set to short.

3. Option for turning off this small fade in for Sample Start parameter. I know its nice to avoid clicks in most of a time but… sometimes clicks are blessing in sound designing manoeuvres.

4. A visual workaround . Sometimes its not possible to distinguish trigs and trigless buttons while all starts flashing.

5. Yeah… filter could be better… especially a frequency range and sharpness for HP :slight_smile: Maybe its just a matter of a code?

6. P-lockable Pan .

7. Pads sensitivity settings

8. LFO Trig options in LFO SETUP -except for RST, maybe lets add One mode?

9. Retrig Rate as LFO destination

10. Track Reload like in DT

long list… i know… :slight_smile: but the first three is a must have for me and for many others as i found on groups.

3 Likes

Yeah mute mode is really essential and shouldn’t have been left off

1 Like

You just have to push the pad to mute it or i don’t understand

1 Like

No, you have to hold Func and push the pad. A two handed move.

1 Like