Model:Samples — DO NOT USE ANTISEPTIC

If you ever want to clean a synth with alcohol, I’d say the best bet is to use it in spray form. Give it a good mist and let it dry on its own. Come back with a damp (water) towel of you really have to

UVC light

Some of the print on my M:S is fading just from use - and not even very heavy use at that.

1 Like

Antiseptics can ruin piano keys. White covers are typically plastic which can crackle up into pieces. So you might ruin more than just finishes and labels. I also heard a rumor that according to steinway cleaning ivory keys with antiseptics should be ok.

I feel with you! I got mine as b-stock and started luckily on the back to desinfect it… So no harm to my top side.

Carsten

1 Like

Better to let it sit there for a bit in case someone else sneezed on your gear: https://www.dhs.gov/science-and-technology/sars-calculator

Hello All,

A little tip–don’t attempt to clean the surface of you Model:Samples with rubbing alcohol. A little rubbing alcohol is traditionally what I’ve used to clean the surfaces of electronics. I dipped a q-tip in the bottle lightly and started cleaning my M:S, I’ve nearly taken the control labels off and there are ink/paint smears all over my unit now lol.

I’d never owned white plastic gear before and notice mine was getting a tad dingy so I thought I’d clean it.

Not really a complaint on my part but just an FYI.