Model samples as midi master

Hi guys, I’m new with elektron machines and also with synths.
I’ve bought a behringer td-3 and I want that my model samples works as midi master for clock and play/stop function but it seems that td3 does not receive any clock or signal from ms. I have a normal midi cable connected to a non-original midi to jack adapter because I ve lost the original one.

Here my settings.

TD3:
M/s midi out connected to td3 midi in
Td3 sync settings on midi, ch1 in, ch1 out

M/S:
Track 1 Mout enabled
Clk in enabled
Clk out enabled
Pch in disabled
Pch out disabled

Out channel:
T1 out on 1
FX out on 1
Everyone else on OFF

Input from MID
Out to MID
Out pol STD
Out/thru on OUT

Encs I+E

I wrote all my midi settings because I really don’t know how to change and what I changed. I hope that someone of you can help me, thanks.

Try changing this one. Some manufacturers use the opposite polarity. Worth a shot.

(Welcome to the forum too)

changed so many times… nothing happen

thank you!

1 Like

Hi, and welcome!

A fellow recently had a similar issue with his TD-3 and Model:Cycles.

Here’s the link:

is there any way to check if my midi in is working correctly or not?

UPDATE ON THE WAY: the td3 sync itself correctly using ableton, a sound card and the midi in port, not the usb… i really dont know

Pushing the M:S’s pads doesn’t trigger the TD-3? Looks like your settings are OK.

Possibly try downloading the Behringer software editor and check your TD-3 settings in that. Scroll down to ‘Software’ at the following link. Link.

Sweetwater hints:

nothing here… also with the software. i’m struggling, i really don’t know how to fix this. another thing i can do is to try to use (if is it possible) m/s as midi master for ableton to see if it works.

in other case, i will replace my td3 like the guy from the post you send me before.

Guys, some updates. I hope this can help.

I took some test:

I connected the midi out of my soundcard to the td3 midi in and put sync on. When i press play/pause or when i change tempo in ableton, my td3 receives changes.

I connected the midi out of my m:s to the midi in of my soundcard. On ableton i have Ext Midi Sync set to on and from my soundcard panel i can see the m:s in midi but when i click play from m:s ableton does not receive any information.

If i change midi pol from std to inv my soundcard does not see anymore my m:s, so i suppose that std is corrent.

Why this happen? Can it be that my instrument is damaged?

It is correct for your soundcard yes (and it proves the M:S is not broken) but it does’t necessarily mean that ‘STD’ is right for every thing else.

yeah i understand. i tried inv and std with the td3 and no one of this works.

it seems that m:s midi out works but does not send any midi messages.

Good news!

On M:S, is Clk Out set to ON? And sent out of its MIDI port?
On Ableton, is transport being received? Not just Clock? (I haven’t used Live in a while, and don’t remember its sync settings.)

On M:S, is Clk Out set to ON? And sent out of its MIDI port?

Yes! Clk Out is set to ON and i’m using its midi port.

On Ableton, is transport being received? Not just Clock?

On ableton nothing is received except the only information that a device is connected in midi in port. I followed this guide Synchronizing Live via MIDI.

I can also attach screenshot or photos if they can help.

Did you Activate the Ext button on Live’s transport?
Make sure Live is set to receive MIDI Clock, not MIDI Timecode (MTC).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Bc512a2jaLSTIY8BkPTPvuWD9VPavr6l?usp=sharing

There is no yellow light near Ext as you can see.

Is the M:S accidentally set to USB in device settings?

I had this issue a while back but it works fine now, unfortunately can’t remember exactly what I did to correct it.

unfortunately no. all is correctly set, or at least i think. I’m starting to blame on the fake jack midi adapter…

Looking at your 2nd photo, Live is set to send SYNC out (as well as receive it). If you have the MIDI OUT from your soundcard connected to M:S, and M:S Clk In is set to ON, then that could be a problem. Uncheck the 3 boxes in Out: Komplete Audio 6 boxes under MIDI ports.

Also, I believe you need to disable LINK. At least for now, while we are testing.

1 Like

Link is not enabled, only Ext is enabled and they can’t be enabled both as i read on internet.

By the way, i deselected the three boxes you was talking about and nothing change.

By the way, part two, i really appreciate the dedication you’re giving me to help. Thank you a lot.

Do you have an internet link for this item?

Why not try M:S USB with Ableton?

1 Like

Here’s the link: Midi Din Adapter

I will try with usb as soon as possible and i’ll let you know.

UPDATE: can’t create new post for the next 13 hours because i am a new user. With the usb cable i manage to control ableton with m:s.

UPDATE FOR @bibenu: Thank you man! i don’t even know the differences between the midi cables… i tought that one midi was like another one… THANK YOU!

1 Like