Model:Samples and Midi Out Notes / Need help

Hi, if i trigger notes on the MS and record them to the squarp pyramid sequencer.
all notes are wrong octave.

for example i trigger C4 on MS
the Squarp get an C3 ( midi monitor)

and if the squarp play back the C3 the MS trigger the C6… iam realy confused :smiley:
i use a lot of other gear (digitone) without any problems. i also tried the track setup (pad)

hopefully some one can help me

Octave numbers are not standardized. Each manufacturer may use their own variant. Even different devices of the same manufacturer may use different octave numberings.

For example on the OT the lowest note (MIDI note value 0) is named C-1 while on the A4 it is named C0.

So check what MIDI notes values are sent/received. The first example seems to be due to different octave numbering. But the second example with 3 octaves difference doesn’t seem right.

thanks for feedback. the c3 - c6 example is all the same :slight_smile: i just live record some notes played on the MS and recorded by the Pyramid, after that the Pyramid plays the notes but the MS sound like C6 :wink: holy moly this setup is so komplex… midi in out merger thru boxes. but thanks i will have a look in the MS midi settings.

no chance to get it work. iam sure ive tested all variations and read all the threads ive found :confused:

there is no possiblity to play pads on MS and got the recorded notes to fit like the one ive played before… in this case the MS is not playable in live cause if the record starts playing the note octave change

I’ve been looking into the pyramid, and while I don’t own one as yet, it looks like a complex beast from what I can tell. Are you sure it’s not the Pyramid that’s changing the key ? I’ve seen it has midi ‘effects’ … but I guess you’ve probably looked into that.

All I’m thinking is, since the Pyramid seems to be a lot deeper than the M:S … my intuition suggests that is where to look.

I have the same problem with my microkorg, the midi notes recorded from the microkorg to the M:S do not have the same octave :frowning: