Model:Samples 1.12

Ah ok. I was hoping there would have been some way to make the retrig “trigless” (although that sounds nonsensical) but anyways…

Is it just me or is the new contrast function no help at all? Contrast 1 looks like before the update and everything above just makes the screen more brownish. Or blueish. But i can’t compare it. So maybe it was darker before the update and now it’s brighter. Hard to say. What do you guys think?

I find it usable when using the MAX LCD setting only.

Same on M:C

1 Like

I have to say, the added decimal adjustment for the m:s pitch is excellent and makes the m:s as capable of atonal mayhem as the m:c, A wonderful update! :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Big time!!! Especially to tune drums to just the right pitch I found very necessary. Ended up doing it in the daw but much less fun.

Great update!!:metal:

Am I getting this wrong or is the M:S getting closer and closer to the Digitakt – which hasn’t seen a firmware update since June 2019. Is double the price still justified? :face_with_monocle:

Um… I don’t own either one, but I’m gonna have to say yes. The digitakt is wayyyyyy more capable than the model:S.

Off the top of my head, Digitakt does proper midi sequencing, sampling, sample editing, and (this may not be a big deal for everyone but) a screen you can easily read.

Justified is up to the user and their needs.

16 tracks vs 6 tracks
Granular sample control
Amp ADSR
Filter ADSR
MIDI track CC and PCHNG p-locking
Master Compressor
Overbridge
Sampling from 1/4” jacks

If those are things the user needs, DT is still a great value.

If those are extraneous features for the user, M:S is perhaps more appropriate.

5 Likes

Probably you’re right and I’m just trying to talk myself out of getting a Digitakt …

Impossible to do without owning an Octatrack
:laughing: :grimacing: