Model:Cyles issue recording when USB is plugged in

Hi there,

When i am recording my patterns in Ableton by instrument cables to the audio interface and USB cable is plugged in for the MIDI in, i have a continues high frequency noise. When i plug the USB cable out, the signal is perfect, but in this case i can’t sync with Ableton.

Tips anyone?

Could be a laptop power supply issue? I had this issue before with an old laptop and different devices. Easy to test if your laptop has battery life, just unplug the power and see if it stops.

Thanks for your reply. I use an iMac, so that wouldnt be the issue.

Setup last time
iMac, Presonus Firebox, Elektron M:C, Ableton Intro.

Hmm, could it be the midi port setup in the m:c? I guess you would want to have it set to MID only and not M+U. Although I can’t see that making any difference unless you have the USB cable plugged in as well?
Can you hear the noise in the headphone output from the m:c?

1 Like

I don’t think its the midi setup. The setting are changed to MID only.

I don’t hear the noise on the headphone output.

Sorry I have confused things - I didn’t write the correct thing above at all. I think what I meant to ask was if the usb was sending audio and midi:

12.7.1 USB MODE
Selects which functionality Model:Cycles has over USB.
A+M Model:Cycles functions both as a sound card and as a MIDI interface.
MID Model:Cycles functions as a MIDI interface

I wondered if that wasn’t set right then it may cause interference.
Could you send midi via the midi out 3.5mm to your firebox as a workaround?

USB mode is set as MID. So it shouldn’t send audio out as an audio interface.

I will have to send midi out in an other way. But its strange a device like this can’t handle usb midi sync in combination with the audio on the main out.

Acht well. If I use the usb for midi an audio it makes the usb return dropout and I have to reset my DAW to get it working again. Definitely something funky going on with it.

Thanks for your replys, i just contacted Elektron about the issue. Hope they have the solution for me. Till then no midi over usb :slight_smile: and working on the sounds…

1 Like

Any Help??
i cannot get the cycles to put out audio other than the rca jacks into my mixer.
the USB will not put audio into Abelton/Maschine/Acid or even Audacity.
i also bought that midi editor Momo is selling and i cannot get the VST to show up in any of the above. what is the actual VST name that should show up in the VST pull down menu?

any links to how to get audio from Cycles USB to produce sound from the unit into ANY DAW ???

Hi there, I understand it’s been 3 years since you’ve made this thread. But, I’ve encountered the same exact issue recently & was wondering if you’re comfortable to share the result you’ve got from contacting Elektron’s team about this usb midi noise issue? If there’s any. Thanks a lot in advance.