Model:Cycles

maybe use the eq in the OT instead?

2 Likes

Filter is the answer!

1 Like

Yes but I really don´t know where to use it, if there´s a range of frequencies that should be attenuated or so.

Anyway I can do it with the effects of the XR18 and have a free FX slot.

Great, I´ll try filtering it.

Don’t forget to click two times on the filter button. You’ll access to the secondary filter page. Cut the high frequencies by moving the filter envelope

I am not a fan of the Model series visual design either, but I’ll get one of these Model:Cycles because I absolutely love the sounds I’m hearing.

I do wish they had gone for a sleeker design. No metal to keep costs down? Okay, fine. But I wish they had used a tough black plastic composite. And sharp angles. Overall looks sort of like - Digis, Push 2, new Launchpad pro, Squarp Pyramid, Blackbox, MPC Live, MC-101, Volca FM, etc. I even like the black Skulpt with rounded corners.

Maybe they just wanted to stand out. I get it. But it’s hard to get over the medical device looks of this thing. All just my opinion, of course.

Still jumping in though. With battery handle and some stickers it’ll look a bit cooler. Sounds incredible.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if you can exchange the knobs?
What knobs do you recommend if you could?

Ah, yes, I use the bandpass filter a lot, but it´s the overall sound of the Digitone.

I remember @jayhosking saying he used the reverb pedal for this.

I mean, yeah. Three $1k+ devices can probably achieve a lot more than one $300 entry-level groovebox. A bit of an unfair comparison.

1 Like

Anyone know anything about the Maker Heart Just Mixer? 3 stereo inputs, runs off 2 AAA batteries (or USB power) and looks to be about the size of a pack of cards. £39/€45

Could be a good solution for a mobile, battery powered M:C + M:S setup? I could even throw my Modal Skulpt into the mix!

2 Likes

Finally watched the livestream recording. The wavetable nature of the chord machine was an unexpected delight and will add nice contrast to the FM sounds.

If only the Model: sequencers had bipolar swing… :frowning: I greatly lament its absence on the DN as well. Thats my only feature request for these devices. I know I can just play unquantized for similar results, but it just seems an easy thing to fix…

1 Like

Weird I ordered one from Thomann this morning and it’s shipped apparently. Maybe call them?

1 Like

Actually, I got a shipping notificatinon this afternoon, so it is on its way after all. Must have been just a quirk in their stock status display before my order was fully processed.

you can do that exactly with an organelle

As you say unlikely, but also as you say it would be dope!

Maybe Model:Slate a model series device with customisable architecture, a choice of modules to upload and mappable to the controls, an Elektron take on the Organelle :heart_eyes:

Make it an even darker grey too just to troll the h8erz :rofl:

To a certain extent you are describing axoloti core. Obviously not any use for adding machines to M:C but if you are interested in building your own dsp synth you should check it out if you haven’t already. I have had a lot of fun with mine.

1 Like

“fuck your samples” :rofl:

2 Likes

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong because it’s been a long time since I got audio into iOS, but I believe you need a powered usb hub. I think it has something to do with iOS reading the device as a charger.

Can I p-lock the PAN parameter?

No, you really don’t. You only need a powered hub when the device is USB-powered and needs more power than the iPhone or iPad can supply on its own.

2 Likes