Model:Cycles

Anyone else notice the USB port is repeated in the specs?

1 Like

Is there any additional detail on what exactly the different machines are doing under the hood? I’m mainly wondering how I could recreate some of the machines on my Digitone.

2 Likes

Yes, but not from the sequencer.

I’ve used MS to control drum racks in ableton this way (and, well sequence them with conditionals from the sequencer as well)

2 Likes

Why are you afraid? Because you’d have to buy another box? LOL

1 Like

So unless I missed something the delay has no pingpong option?

You can always buy, try, return, or sell. What do you have to lose?

1 Like

I admire elektron’s vision on the Models - not just well-priced, but also with the USP of even greater hands-on immediacy.

Even a big box/mid box elektron owner could be convinced of this rubbery IBM 1985 grey machine given how its jam usage differs from the metal series.

3 Likes

I am convinced of it. Now that they’re expanding their brand they’ll release a no-holds barred flagship (when they’re well and ready. And they have time. The current flagships are not going to be overtaken easily)

If I weren’t so convinced of it id probably pick this up. We’ll just see how long I wait for it.

1 Like

For those miffed at the single LFO… this is something that also applies to M:S…

You can p-lock the four parameters on the main LFO page screen.
Waveform, multiplier, destination, depth.
This way you can have a different LFO destination per step.

Notably, this is kind of the only way to p-lock pan, as it is available in the destinations list but not otherwise p-lockable. You just have to sacrifice your other, normal modulation destination on that one step, and be willing to accept the Rest, fade, and start phase parameters on the LFO setup page, which are not p-lockable.

I’ve had some good results with it on M:S. Especially when using “lock trigs” on longer samples.
I imagine it could get wild on M:C

Correct. It holds the stereo position of the sound fed into it.
If it’s full left, the delay will be full left.
If 10% right, the delay will be 10% right.
etc.

On M:S, you can use the LOOP button to fake a delay and set the LFO to pan (or p-lock the LFO to pan like I mention above). But this isn’t available on M:C
I do this often with M:S, as I like to use the delay in a very short timing to create a phaser.

3 Likes

Will you still update the Digitone OS with fixed operators Settings to achieve drum/percussive sounds or will the Digitone be limited to not undercut sale of Cycles?

3 Likes

Does anyone have experience with the M:S using just the usb cable for midi and audio into Ableton? If so, how was the latency?

The Digitone already is a beast when it comes to drums and percussion. No update is necessary.

2 Likes

Well that’s more useful than always centered I guess.

Yes. Each voice has a pan control and the effects are stereo (manual, page 16).

1 Like

Just load up a preset that’s in the right ballpark and edit it to your liking :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’ve had most of my gear set up on one half of my double bed for the past week while my wife’s away. Best. Week. Ever.

(Do not let her see this post)

4 Likes

If you can’t generate drum sounds with the DN, that’s a user error. The box is massive when it comes to percussion

1 Like

My girlfriend hates it when I play with myself in bed:

18 Likes

Something like this was expected. I understand why Elektron makes this decision but as I own a DT and DN I really don’t need the two Models. Everything You can create on the Models can be done in the Digis. Only the change control is different.

I think this is a great call for entry users which are a lot. It can compete with the Behringer units.

So I hope they earn a lot on this device. So they can create a new unique flagship. Something lig wich will vloer everyone’s mind. But I skip this one.

4 Likes

Videos were too good. Really loving the sound, the simplicity and the playability. Looks so immediate and fun.
Mine is now ordered :sunglasses:
Also, didn’t realise until today that the ‘battery handle’ was an actual thing! I’ve seen peeps posting about it but thought it was based off of a meme :laughing:

3 Likes