Model:Cycles

Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone posted the video from the Perfect Circuit stream?

7 Likes

No it ain’t just you, it sounds like a digital SR-16

I don’t know. I’ll definitely research it.

I like toys. I also like the term “fleacore” as explained by Tom Ellard.

6 Likes

Yes, most of the engines are running less oversampled than the Digitone - this contributes to a different tone, which is not a bad thing for FM. Especially with for example the metal engine where if you push it to very high frequencies the aliasing becomes a quite powerful sound shaping tool.

29 Likes

totally unrelated (well, nearly totally) so feel free to ignore if too busy, but what’s your take on the MegaFM Ess? Struck me today that it’s probably up your street

I dig

1 Like

This would be dual mono? Or can the H5 do two stereo ins?

interesting. I think I have to hear them side by side :slight_smile:

Thanks for the explanation :slight_smile:

@Ess I have the Digitone and sometimes it can sound harsh, what would you do to avoid it? Eq maybe? I´d have to do it live in my digital mixer.

This M:C seems to have it more controlled.

yo, @ess, great set last night!
I’m wondering how you did that intro sound, the distorty, feedbacky, droney sound! I have to dig back into the M:C, but I assume it’s delay+reverb to the max, as well as punch and gate? Volume+dist at full blast?

2 Likes

Two stereo inputs. You have two mono inputs that’s can be paired into stereo and you have a separate stereo mini input

1 Like

Boom, amazing!

1 Like

lower the fm amounts of the modulators. Or lower the feedback. Or use the lowpass filter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a great machine in itself, but I definitely see possibilities for introducing electronic music creation to kids. My son (8) is already fooling around on my Digitone, I think this would really kickstart him!

2 Likes

That’s what I did. Feel a bit like a sucker paying 349,- tbh.

2 Likes

This is me testing out the Model:Cycles before work today. A couple minutes to pull together a couple minutes :slight_smile:

a really fun box

14 Likes

Well GODDAMN

2 Likes