Model:Cycles

Nanoloop :slight_smile:

I actually meant it in the opposite way; I’ve been using Nanoloop 2 for 5 years and am still finding new things. If anyone’s gone super deep with NL2, they know that it’s possible to get very far away from the “chiptune sound”. I think the M:C is the same. People complaining about it not having enough parameters are kinda not getting the point imo. It starts to really shine when you start using things in weird ways, like making kicks from the chord machine, or melodies with the snare, or using LFOs at the highest rates to make strange buzzy/broken sounds. Don’t just turn all the parameters to their extremes and think “is that it?”. Play, experiment, try to break it (not physically).

12 Likes

Holding track does nothing. Playing the trigs outside recording mode let’s me play the sound I want to preview chromatically.

Is there a Mute Mode on the M:S? I have experienced a Mute Mode on my M:C and I want to know if it’s a normal behavior. Can’t find it in the manual.

This morning in the M:C I dunno what I hit but i was in a mute mode… I wasn’t sure how I got in or out of it. But each track button became mute unmute without hitting function

So I’m not dreaming! I have submitted this behavior in the Model:Cycles Q&A thread.

Thanks for your reply!

When I first started using my M:S, I discovered a mute mode of sorts. Maybe this I what you also discovered, and is the same on the M:C?

Bug or feature? As this been solved?

That sounds like it might be exactly what happen to me.

Me too

Good question. I don’t think it is documented in the manual. Could be seen as a bug or a feature I suppose.

The LFO at ridiculously fast rates can get quite weird. I did this just now:

which turned into this…

5 Likes

That’s awesome :slight_smile:

Stupid question. Is there anyone who has them in stock? They are sold out everywhere as far as I can see…

Patchwerks in Seattle has them. They have an online shop

1 Like

Solid review from Ricky Tinez. He goes pretty deep on how you’d be using this and where it fits regardless of the amount of gear and experience you might already own.

One suggestion I really like and that would make a lot of sense would be a way to do MPC-style 16 levels from the step buttons. Also, moving octaves up and down on them should indeed be simpler.

3 Likes

i read in the manual it is possible to change the keyboard octave in the track settings, + or - 24 semitones. so u can do this without mucking with your track pitch

Ricky always does a great job. He’s more of a musician than a lot of other YouTubers and that shows in his reviews. Also his videos always look so good

7 Likes

Shouts to the ‘Exai’ preset. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

He is a musician but i don’t like his type of music which is boring to me, and that puts me off his videos. Hes quite biased to one style.

3 Likes

There are loads of YouTube content creators whose videos I enjoy for tutorials and reviews but I find most of their productions bland and generic. Very few would I actually buy their music and rarely do producers I like make videos

4 Likes