Model:Cycles

Aah ok. Yeah I think that might be the thing, I’ve never really dived into the distorted side of Digitone.

I think it’s really cool, I think noise musicians would love device cause there’s so many flavors of distortion in it…

Does anyone know if the reverbs on the M:S and M:C the same algorithm?

M:C will be used to sequence my Korg ARP 2600FS. Blew all my budget on the Korg and could afford an Elektron sequencer until M:C

1 Like

So are you going to do a “Model” trinity? That would be a sick live setup.

1 Like

I recently stepped off the kerb with euro this week when a Clouds arrived in the mail, I had pretty much limited my thoughts about it to MI, and the bug was biting pretty hard about that being a next sort of musical path to take. But now the M:C drops and it seems very capable, and sonically diverse enough for me to explore certainly ideas I may perhaps have had with Plaits. That said I think I need to keep euro a long, commited, slow road, not something I just throw all my money at. I’m trying to develop a really solid financial base this year. Truth is, the music gear train is an expensive one, and I want to be on it, but you’ve gotta look after yourself first.

At least for us here in Australia there’s just no chance to ever be part of the launch train everything comes here two weeks later, at the least I can avoid the drop hype and see where it lands in a few weeks once the thing hits the stores here :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

here

2 Likes

A Hotel Room, A Cold Beer and my brand new M:C…
Cya :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Speaking of M:C dirt. I’m keep trying to make deep house with the M:C, but as soon as I push a kick or other instrument above 60 on the Volume + Distortion knob, I’m in the techno zone. And I LOVE techno! So I just make techno.

I swear I’m going to make a deep house track though. But the M:C honestly wants me to just push it to its limits. So fun. Can’t help it.

But I swear I’m going to make some smooth sounding deep house with it. And not the YouTube “Deep House” but the Sunday night Flammable style deep house. The West Coast’s longest running house night right here in Seattle, BTW :slight_smile:

That’s my goal today :laughing:

12 Likes

Keep them low, and boost it in post. :smiley:

1 Like

thats what the lfo is for? (oneshot mode ramp up to vol)

then map lfo to velocity? :sunglasses:

Soundseasy had 5 in stock yesterday

Elektron, don’t be scared to make more lo-fi shit; look at how much everyone loves it. I want 12-bit converters and tape simulations with analog filters and analog overdrive.

6 Likes

Tbh I thought so too from pictures, but I really like the M:S in person. I didn’t expect to at all. Saw one at GC the day of the M:C release for $180 and picked it up.

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t expect to be as put off the by the M:C’s looks because the M:S looked fine to me. But the M:C looks like the colors on a baby monitor with those baby blues and pinks or whatever they are. I hope it looks better in person.

What I’ve actually loved reading about this machine is the technical insight of the engine, which feeds into new ideas on how to use the DN

5 Likes

Has anybody tried sending midi out? I’m curious if I could use this guy to control some eurorack drums. Sort of stack sounds.

funny you say that, I was thinking that my old electribe 2 would be a perfect companion to the M:C.

Both very different sonic beasts.

The Electribe 2 synth engine is madly underrated, and would complement rather nicely the sometimes harsh and aggressive FM stabs the MC seems to be piling up.

Gotta say, this is the first Elektron product to really interest me in years. Love the dirty sounds I’m hearing in some of the demos. Picking one up to complete a neat little setup for techno jams already consisting of a drumbrute impact, circuit monostation and SP-404.

3 Likes

but how is it at clap sounds? :thinking:

(guessing not good)

1 Like

Do you know that the overall Volume of a Track is the Blue knob?