Model:Cycles Tips & Tricks Thread

Hi

Finally got round to this last night.

Would you mind giving me a bit of a practical application for this? I applied the hold trigger to pitch and MC obligingly spewed out some great patterns I would be hard pushed to program.

Only thing is that if you then stop MC , on restart the pattern is lost , I’m assuming this is because the LFO then starts at a different point . So from that point of view it seems more geared towards improvisational live jamming rather than being able to you being able to predict it’s behavior.

Not sure if I’m missing the point though! Are you applying it to pitch or other parameters ? Any guidance welcome …

Mostly other parameters.

Regarding it starting at different places each time, I guess that’s another limitation of the Model boxes. On the higher tier machines, you can parameter lock the LFO mode at the beginning of the pattern, to briefly set it to TRIG before going back to HOLD. I don’t usually bother with that though, and just embrace uncertainty :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks . Maybe I need to let go more!

Can you tell me how I would parameter lock it to TRIG at the outset before it reverts to HOLD as per the saved preset. Can this be achieved through a menu or would I send a CC val ?

Also, excuse my ignorance but can you explain what you mean when you say a Higher Tier machine . Are you referring to the LFO multiplier?

By higher tier machine I mean the Digi* machines, or the Analog machines, or the Octatrack.

You probably can’t use MIDI CCs to lock it, apart from connecting one of the above machines, but that kinda defeats the purpose.

I’m with you now … many thanks .

How to repeat the first pattern in a chain. E.g. A01-A01-A02.

At first glance looks like it’s not possible, but the process is documented here. If you just follow those steps exactly, and also read the follow-up reply you should find you’re able to do it.

Just linking to existing info … hope that makes it more easy to to find.

2 Likes

LEN Sets the duration of the retrig velocity curve in fractions of, or rational or integer multiples of, a step (0,125–INF). 1/16 is the nominal length of one step. This setting affects the behavior of the velocity curve by defining the boundaries of its envelope.

Hi everyone, this exert from the manual refers to the retrig set up menu .

I’m probably missing something here , but if I have the rate set to 1/16 and LEN to 1/4 , i’d expect it to stop retriggering after 1 beat . Not the case though, it just carries on until you release the pad !

Weird , as the same settings in TRIG REPEAT MENU does the job .

Anyone got an idea where i’m going wrong ?

Is GATE active?

that’s the weird thing , it’s not

If you’re playing the pad live with retrig on, it will retrig for as long as you’ve got the pad pressed.

LEN is just for sequenced trigs.

1 Like

The manual does refer to length though for both …

It does. Currently the LEN setting doesn’t seem to do anything in the Retrig Setup menu, only in the Trig Repeat menu. Either it’s a redundant feature that should have been removed, or it’s something that doesn’t work as it should?

I think this is the only way the length setting works for now too.
If I’m on grid recording mode and I hold down the trig I want to apply RETRIG to and open the RETRIG MENU to apply it, the length seems to affect it at least up until another trig plays.

Scratching my head with this one. I wonder if i’m misinterpreting the manual. Way it reads though is that both Retrig and Trig repeat menu should work the same . I wonder if ELEKTRON could give any clarity around this ?

1 Like

@eangman is your man (woman/other?) for manual topics.

i’ll ask the question, thanks.

1 Like

Say if I have Plock parameters on a Trig but only want to copy specific locks to other trigs , can I do this , as when i copy it copy’s everything including note data . Any way to avoid this?

You can hold multiple trigs and adjust parameters to plock all of them, but you can’t copy certain parameters only.

2 Likes

Thanks, good to know . I really appreciate your time .

Do you know if that is possible on the octatrack, too?