Model cycles & samples : ipad pro & usb hub to AUM?

A simple question : is it possible to connect a cycles and a samples, and a digitone on a usb hub on a ipad pro (with usb c for example), to open these 3 gears in AUM ?

In this case, no need of soundcard, everything could be routed by usb (audio & midi). For example track 1 input cycles, track 2 input samples, track 3 digitone, and maybe output to digitone.

Thanks !

Model Series come with class compliant usb audio/midi, so that should work. Digitone needs overbridge for audio and midi, so that will not work.

no, this will not work, afaik. on ios you can only have one audio interface. so samples OR cycles will work. digitone will not work as a sound card at all with ios, only midi…

so you would need an class compliant audio interface to use all 3 at the sane time

Yeah, the problem is that iOS doesn’t have aggregate devices like Mac OS has, so as mentioned above, you can currently only have one USB class compliant audio device connected at at time.

1 Like

Ok, so I have to think about a sound card with 3 input (DT, M:C, M:S) to connect on an ipad pro (directly on usb c ?).

Any recommandation ?

I use a focusrite scarlet 4i4 purchased used from guitar center for less than $175. It has 4 inputs and 4 outputs in addition to midi ports. Works a treat on the iPad.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip !

1 Like