Model:Cycles pattern transfer issue

I just picked up a M:C and am trying to load in some projects that a friend sent over… however am having some issues.

M:C is updated to the latest OS (1.13) & Transfer app is latest version (1.6.7). Im on a Mac M1/Ventura.

Transfer is connecting fine via USB and I was able to update the OS on the M:C, so all OK there.

However when I try to load any of the projects either to a newly created or blank slot i get the following error messages :slight_smile:

Blank slot : “Couldn’t find payload:”
Newly created slot : “Position already contains data. Refresh the listing and try again”

Am I missing somthing obvious here? Ive followed the instructions in the manual to the letter for transferring over…

Did you try the refresh with this button ? image

EDIT: … and presumably you’re not trying to copy into slot 1 or 2 ? Because those already have projects in them, so copying into one of those slots would explain the message ‘position already contains data’ .

yes, ive tried many different slots. if they are blank then i get the “payload” error, if i try and create a project in the MC and move the project file in transfer i get the “position already contains data” error. refreshing in transfer doesnt make any difference. bit flummoxed on this one…