Model:Cycles pattern deleted when reloaded

I started up the machine, I opened up a pattern I was working on, tweaked a bit, decided to reload with [FUNC] + [Pattern] and then silence, the entire pattern parts clear, emptied. Is this normal? this function needs to be used ONLY after the Temp Save function?

Apologies if this was obvious in the manual, it wasn’t clear to me.

Anyways, maybe this could warn others from doing the same mistake.

My guess is your pattern wasn’t saved in the project after you created it in the first place. So the status the pattern returned to when hitting [FUNC] + [Pattern] was still the empty pattern you started with

6 Likes

You need to save it first.

got it, understood that it wasn’t saved. What I found weird is: I turned it on and the pattern was there as I left it, so I thought this meant it was “saved”. I guess I learned the lesson. Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

When the device is properly powered down, it will keep the last state of the project that was last loaded. This last state and the last saved state can be different so it’s important to always save as you go along just in case.

1 Like

Hello, I’m returning to the thread because this problem has happened to me several times and it has deleted all the patterns of a project, except the one I’m working on, and the patterns were saved.
I think it happens to me when I press Func+Pattern, but I’m not entirely sure, since it happens when I’m in the moment of greatest emotion and my fingers turn into hooves.

My question is: can this deletion be undone and the deleted sequences reloaded?

thank you so much

No unfortunately: this combo reloads to the last saved state. We all learned it the hard way: you have to save your pattern when you reached a nice state.
Save also your project before shutting down properly by pressing the colored encoder.

Thank you very much for the reply.

I have written the above thanks to a translator and I do not know if I am understood correctly and, much less, if I have explained myself well.

In the previous message I want to say that the patterns and the project were saved. It’s happened to me more times and I want to prevent it, but it hasn’t helped me at all.

all the best.