Model:Cycles only music

two new rough tracks… the second one taking advantage of @darenager acidish bass recipe although I eneded up using it a bit more like a normal bass :rofl:. I still need to maybe tone back the noise tracks a bit… Really loving this box still, its amazing. Although I feel like in some ways it is a bit slower than working on my digitakt or Pro 2, I feel I get lost trying all the different machines in different ways, I guess with time I will know them all pretty well and it will be a bit speedier, they all still feel a bit mysterious to me still though.

12 Likes

Love the second one!

1 Like

Some dark breakbeats soaked in reverb…

The Fill-Mode is great for creating some variation inside a single pattern, once you created the locks its really fun to just tweak some stuff and hit fill from time to time!

11 Likes

Model Cycles and Digitakt Jammin, just messing around

4 Likes

More “acid” shenanigans, gone for a more muted sound here.

32 Likes

the first few bars sound like a lost kraftwerk record :heart:

The m:c keeps surprising with its variety of sound

3 Likes

Yes there are a lot of little worlds within those macros, especially Tone I think.

1 Like

Wow that’s a nice little Roland monosynth sound you got working there. Making me excited to receive my M:C!

Is that the unison x2 chord setting at work?

Ain’t that Reverb grand, too?

3 Likes

Here’s an 8 minute jam I made today. Love this new instrument!

10 Likes

Tone! My go to for bass :wink:

Yeah really like both reverb and delay, great characters!

1 Like

Not a criticism at all, listening to a lot of these MC jams really sounds like electribe EMX 1 stuff to me. I think its that chord engine.

Im enjoying the drum sounds people are making, that’s what I want it for.

3 Likes

Just got mine yesterday! Here’s my first take on it.

13 Likes

I think the same FWIW, some of the sounds are very similar, mainly tone and chord.

1 Like

Using 4ths (12-string effect) and a cassette tape plugin.

10 Likes

Yeah I see what you’re meaning, not necessarily a bad thing… I’ve started to explore the chord mode more and have started to find some pretty interesting sweet spots with assigning the lfo to various spots and distorting it a bit… I’ll share soon but I will say the chord section kinda feels like it was made for early kind of minimal jungle/house music in my mind

Third pattern. (I won’t do this for every pattern I make, promise.) I used the USB audio this time, into my iphone.

Bit more techno this time for @AdamJay

3 Likes

Model:Cycles arrived on Friday, just in time for letters “D” and “E” of this year’s 36 Days of Type challenge:

This thing is so much fun!

5 Likes

Loving that tweak on the gate button :+1:

1 Like

Here’s a loose jam recorded through the iPad using the USB. Ran it through sugarbytes WOW in audioshare.
EDIT: excuse the levels, not worked out the iPad USB recording yet… interested to pair this with the DT and see if they stay in time or if there’s a noticeable delay on using the iPad as an FX processor. It works really well though, and the cool thing is you just plug in your headphones to the MC and use it as normal except now you have an effect rack.

6 Likes

Another one, no additional FX.
a technoey type beat

7 Likes