Model:Cycles only music

Indeed he is. The Adobe CoCreate he did with Clap! Clap! was fascinating from a process perspective.

1 Like

Oh yeeeeah, thanks for the link, gonna watch that while eating!

Coming from a super minimalist / swiss design background, I would be absolutely unable to create stuff like his… must be why I find it so fascinating.

I can relate to that. My day job is UI Design for business software which tends to be fairly minimal. Maybe that’s why I like to explore the chaotic end of the spectrum in my personal projects. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Well, I bought a Digitone…
But I love it hahaha

1 Like

Some off the grid 140

12 Likes

I wound up getting one too! :exploding_head:
I need to spend a week off digging into it!

1 Like

I find that at first I struggle in front of the machine, not knowing where to go with it, and then a few hours later something clicks and I get going! It’s less immediate than the Cycles, but once you’ve found the sounds you want to pair, that’s just mesmerizing!
I posted a chiptune track made with the digitone a couple days ago if you want to check it out! It’s called “Chip Chip (Digitone Chiptune)” on Youtube. I’m waiting for your tracks with the Digitone then!

1 Like

Hey, I’m subscribed to patchworks seattle on youtube. Just curious are you the person who does the Elektron vids for them?

1 Like

Just saw this awesome Model:Cycles cover of AFX’s Ageispolis on Youtube. I really need to spend more time with this box!

17 Likes

Dirty! Like!

I m treating myself to one of these for my bd soon :slight_smile:

I see it s got no(ise) master @Fin25 ‘s approval so can t go wrong :wink:

1 Like

here’s a solo cycles thing i made a little while ago. just messing around…

6 Likes

I do all the vids for them :slight_smile: though sometimes I am just editing/directing. Most of the time I am also the one doing the demos.

I’m a master of very little, but the Cycles definitely agrees with me.

2 Likes

I bought the M:C after hating the Volca FM (the machine, not the sounds). Recorded a bunch of tracks in the first month, which also was the first month of virus lockdown. Ended up releasing the VERY FIRST JAM I ever did, on streaming platforms. (Feedback very much appreciated, even if you hate it!)

Brenner Inne - Eirik Abri

4 Likes

So good!

1 Like

Today he posted another, AFX Polynomial-C cover.

9 Likes

watched it. Great cover

This is a multitrack recording of the M:C.

It is M:C (sounds) only, but the intro bass is reversed in ableton and one track is doubled and processed through the Valhalla Supermassive vst - it`s the string/pad sound at minute 1:00 and later.

Had to finish and upload it now, otherwise it would have become a M:C plus other instruments and samples-track :loopy:

• because there is still some room left to go on further.

I really like this little box :totes:

11 Likes

Nice! Very pretty arps and I like the ratcheting / triplets sounding percussion. Not sure if that’s the right terminology. Either way, cool!

1 Like

I did another thing. This one is a little longer than usual since I wasn’t able to record for a while.

Finally trying some (janky) progression.

11 Likes