Model:Cycles only music

First try within 5 minutes of unboxing, no clue what I’m really doing, but can already tell this will be a fun machine.

5 Likes

my first pattn

MX MC001 ptn.syx (25.2 KB)

EDIT: Remix
MX MC002.syx (25.2 KB)

Very nice! Good approximation of the sounds :clap:

3 Likes

This sound reminds me 1997 stuff from Downwards- it is weird listening it on a 2020 machines.

At that time it was all hardware samplers (Akai’s and Emu)

1 Like

Slower.

14 Likes

Great tune, love the sounds and tempo. Reggaeton vibes.

1 Like

A one minute snippet of a pattern I have been spending some more serious time on… Control all on pitch actually has a pretty nice sound on this box imo, which usually I find doesn’t work super well on other devices but maybe its down to how the different machines interact with the pitch? Was pushing a track of Kick and Snare with really long releases to try to build a bit of noise floor, quite like the crunchy vibes you can pull from them.

3 Likes

First „full“ jam based on 3 patterns…

18 Likes

Imagine what you could do with two hands!

3 Likes

Just chucking my first two “fannying about” patterns that I made while watching Falkirk play the most boring game of football ever. Yes, both patterns have dreadful “control all” moments in them but couldn’t resist :rofl: The second pattern has a go to melody that I always end up using when not knowing what else to do too haha.

Despite my shitty patterns, this thing starts to come alive with a keyboard plugged in though!

8 Likes

some of the sounds remind me of this

7 Likes

I like those snares, are they factory or custom patches?

This isn’t much help but everything was a preset + little knob twiddling. From memory (can check later) the snares were preset with a little decay/colour tweaking.

Two pattns more - Getting more dialed in with the m:c

MX MC003.syx (25.2 KB)
MX MC004.syx (25.2 KB)

I’m getting really addicted to this syx stuff - music fits into less space than a crappy compressed JPG meme! For allaya 14,400 bps dialup heads hehe

2 Likes

m:c goes kuduro :wink:

MX MC005.syx (25.2 KB)

My first recording, created this morning from a pattern I made playing around last night.

I had decided to try to see what the Chord machine was capable of, as on the surface I found it a bit underwhelming, so I created some dark ambient atmospheres using it with random LFO on shape and lots of reverb and added some distorted drums underneath. Probably pushed the distortion too far listening back, and the random LFO led to a few too many “bell” tones, probably need to tweak the range.

Thought I’d share anyway, love that crunch this machine has and how immediate it is, this was like 30 mins work including recording. And being able to record straight to iPad is brilliant.

mp3 link

8 Likes

Sounds amazing! Good level of distortion imo.

Here’s something I whipped up just now for Weekly Beats. A bit of editing, but other than that, no processing apart from a light limiter.

47 Likes

Cheers! Yours sounds awesome. Love hearing what people are doing with this!

1 Like

Model:CYCLES is going in to my little 48hp beat centric fx modular.

M:C into Ears into Clouds (routed via octatracks CUE)
Ears envelope follower and gate are triggering Tides to create an envelope which is being modulated by OCHD and Clep Diaz.

A lot of fun was had during filming!

10 Likes

Nice. Has very much an Autechre vibe for me. Never a bad thing.

2 Likes