Model:Cycles only music

A little jam I just did. I like how smooth and much groove you can get going with this. Some of the machines are a little easier to find your way around than others haha

5 Likes

:laughing: no battery back! I can’t face midweek away games any longer. Incredibly grim!

I should somehow harness the depression that is caused by lower league Scottish football into my magnum opus!

2 Likes

I found my cable and did a direct recording over USB to ipad, just used voice recorder, can’t seem to adjust level, USB audio on M:C was set to minimum but still a bit clipped, oh well.

9 Likes

Another one, slippery bassline.

44 Likes

What a great bass part!

5 Likes

I tried to tackle the “your snare sounds like shit” problem, and did kinda succeed IMO! (on these headphones at least). Trick is to layer two sounds to make the snare - much better!

MX MC006.syx (25.2 KB)

So m:c can haz EREKTLO! boogie down :dancing_women:

EDIT: tweaked the pattn a bit, twice LOL! Now I think the bassline has the right pitch and ratio :nyan:

1 Like

One more in the DX afro/gqm vein

MX MC007.syx (25.2 KB)

Time for lunch!

sublime tweaks and locks

puzzled that the audio can be rendered fine within device and be clipping when sent out - hopefully it’s an app gain thing - from what i’ve read here there are gain options on the levels sent via usb but no attenuation

2 Likes

The USB gain level is for audio sent to it, rather than the audio it generates. I tried changing this like 5 times before I read the manual and realised :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the clipping, yeah I’m still not used to that yet. It sounds great when playing heavy stuff, but when ambient pads get too loud and they start to clip, it’s less than ideal! Guess we just need to watch our levels.

4 Likes

Haha I didn’t realise how pedestrian my tastes are then :joy:Really enjoying this one. That bass is great!

1 Like

first night on the cycles :slight_smile:

little clip here on retrig and the chord machine. this is just mucking around on two tracks.

i did another jam earlier that was more rinsing through the inversions, but damn.

i really like this box and the way it sounds

30 Likes

Beautiful!

The chord machine makes me want to make some Pole ripoff minimal dub

4 Likes

:ooh::aw:

i was thinking the chord machine might have been a hard sell or the runt of the litter, but that’s lovely (not glassy) and much like the clean stuff i enjoy and dial in

beautifully illustrated (watching again to calm the pre-delivery nerves a bit)

now wondering who’ll be first to snag two of these :loopy:

2 Likes

I’m considering it. Though M:S and M:C is pretty good…

3 Likes

:alien: you rang ? :alien:

Drexciyan tinged electro-ish thing, suffering the after effects of insomnia today so a bit rough but some nice tones anyway :smile:

Single 16 step pattern, because I can’t brain today :rofl:

30 Likes

that bass

dope

2 Likes

Thanks! I like the M:C a little more every time I sit down with it…so far at least :slight_smile:
I typically do ‘weirder’ music than this, is all I meant by ‘pedestrian!’

1 Like

the bass sounds tasty

1 Like

that’s beautiful! really nice

1 Like