Model cycles midi connection

Hi, I m really new on it so sorry for this question. I would like to connect my model cycles via midi to ableton in order to write the patterns from the daw sequencer and also to create loops longer then 32 steps and be able to control the parameters on it from the model cycles.
My audio interface doesn’t have midi ports (focusrite solo). I would like to know if I could find a way or I need to buy a new audio interface with midi ports.

Maybe there is a way to connect this synth just via midi cable without using any audio interface(?)

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me wich is the correct way to set everything.

thanks for the help to a new player.

Hi, welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

yes, just connect the usb cable to your computer and m:c should show up as a midi in / out and as audio interface…

also have a look at the manual, it is very well written and has all the info

on pc you can just use one audio interface at a time, on mac you can use multiple ones, but midi interface should be no problem on both…

btw., you can have 64 steps per sequence…

4 Likes

Thanks for the answer, connecting it by the USB cable i m not able to write on ableton sequencer via midi playing from the model cycles, looks like the daw receive only the audio signal but not the midi (I ve already checked the usb settings is on A+M)
Probably i did some mistakes on the configuration. Thanks for the help unfortunately this i

s not written in the manual.

You have to specify where the midi of the external instrument should be going.
And if that does not help check if the cycles settings–>Midi Ports–>Inp from–>M+U

To solve the problem I had to tick on the option “Mout” , now is working thanks for support

cool that it works now!

it is in the manual :wink:

3 Likes

Ahhh, I misread your post I thought you wanted to send midi from Ableton to the Cycles and not the other way around.
Glad it works now.

Just a quick question, can you send midi from an external sequencer to all 6 channels of the MC, and also can you send each channel cc info. From the manual it reads as only one channel ?

You can.

1 Like

Cheers, might be a little Christmas present then for me :+1: