Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread

You’ve been argued out of your previous thread about Cycles so hard that you mass deleted your original post and comments and hidden your profile. Now your fantasy world spills here.

I am a random internet stranger who owned Cycles, wrote ambiant tracks on it and posted a preset pack here. It is not a sound design device.

You are ignorant about product development. What you think is “minimal effort” took developers days, weeks, long hours and sleepless nights. You like to quote Ess yet you ignore his comments about complexity of work they’ve done.

Says who? You?

And you care too much.

K, bye.

I think somebody didn’t eat their Wheaties this morning

2 Likes

Dude is coming on a feature request thread to judge how worthy the requests are and complain at people telling them they don’t care :joy:

1 Like

It wasn’t very constructive.

It takes two to tango

5 Likes

Yes I kinda agree, disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing kinda gets old very quick.

All this bickering is really taking the shine off this forum lately.

How hard is it for adults to be in the company of people they disagree with without getting into arguments.

I mean, this has to be literally the stupidest fucking thing to be arguing about.

10 Likes

100%, much worse when people literally make up stuff to back their opinion and present it as the truth.

No, the M:C machines were not designed like this because of the low headroom, they were designed first in Max4Live and were then put into the Cycles, that’s when Ess found out the low headroom and asked Elektron to keep it that way.

Lying like that on the internet, I just cannot …

It’s pointless getting into it with this person, I tried, you’ve tried. Every engagement only prolongs their fixation, makes them more intent on having their whims indulged and spreads the poison to the rest of the forum. So much energy wasted on something so inconsequential.

4 Likes

@Lwhdrmnjyr, I think you have a lot to say and I usually value your input about how you would like to see your beloved gear improved. You make a lot of sense to me, and I’m sure many of us here agree with you on lots of different things. I also like that you are passionate about electronic music gear.

It’s not what you are saying but the way you are saying it. It’s okay to disagree with people and it’s possible to do it without insulting them. Please don’t go into a hole or quit the forum or something. Just try to be kind.

The way we interact with each other here and the way we treat each other here is the way we will be viewed as a community at large. Plenty of lurkers here who don’t post too. I have been a shining example of what we should all try to avoid doing here, and that’s talking down to someone.

So, if I’m gonna say anything about it, I need to admit that, and offer an apology to @sacguy71 publicly. That was an example of what not to do here, and I am sorry for it.

I agree that aggressive and demeaning language can take the shine off of what is typically a very welcoming and vibrant community and a place that I have come to love.

5 Likes

I would also like to request that the Bits machine be added to the Model Cycles. Swarm would be delightful, but Bits would make me very happy personally. That is, if it’s even possible. If not, I’ll still :purple_heart: it forever.

1 Like

Even though no one’s asking for it, the one and only thing evolving on the Models is the price tag. I know, not only the Models’ price is going up, it’s true for everything else but aside from the price, the other Elektron devices have regular upgrades so you buy something for a fair amount of money but you know that the company you bought it from is taking care of you and regularly upgrade your new device with great new possibilities. It is true for every Elektron devices but the Models! You buy those and unfortunately nothing EVER happens apart from the great success of the battery handles…

My one and only request is that my Models not be completely forgotten.
Thank you Elektron…

2 Likes

There is a plausible theory that we might expect more firmware updates.

1 Like

Yeah but unfortunately the Models aren’t getting any better on plausible theories. I’m very happy for all Digitakt owners but I seriously believe we deserved that one.

Wow, seriously you just bought a M:C. Not a package “M:C + free updates every 3 months”. I would be very happy to see firmware update on M:C but if not, it’s okay. It’s already a very good machine for its price (especially second hand !), it’s not buggy, functional, and it sounds good.

5 Likes

um yes well hello everyone i’ve had the model cycles for about a week now

its limitations set very constructive boundaries for producing sketches of good music rather quickly

while i certainly respect it as a finished product my humble opinion is that its workflow can be drastically improved by being able to preview trigs

this is somewhat possible by being able to preview sound locks by pressing the track button but the aforementioned process will not work with machine locks (either way it’s not the same thing)

there are other small things that would be nice of course but this is at the top of the list

2 Likes

+1 for Chord MIDI out! I love using the cycles as a MIDI sequencer. Sending chords out would be next level.

1 Like

The model cycles is almost perfect! My only wish would be to be able to use the headphone output as a separate output. Which seems accessible since we can already direct or not the signals of each part, but in a global way only. And why not, since the headphone output is stereo, imagine an output / input for an external effect like a mixer… more complex perhaps… but it would allow me to use phaser for the chords!! And that would be perfect for me! A box for electro dub :slight_smile:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Was attack ever implemented? Having to use a LFO is dumb.