Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread

if you’re using the pads it will record velocity in live-record mode

if you’re using the step sequencer as a keyboard it will record at the fixed velocity you set up in the velocity & pad menu

1 Like

Oh, you are right. Thanks! But it seems, that the velocity is not recorded, when I use the retrig function for my hihat. Or am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

wen update?

Trig Sound Preview

6 Likes

Unfortunately “Aftertouch” of modulating pressure after the initial hit of a pad is not recorded/p-locked to the sequencer. Shame, because I’ve gotten a few nice sounding modulations that can only be played live…

Not at my cycles atm but I think this is to do with velocity being tied to a machine trig. Velocity only affects a trig, and not a trigless parameter lock (it’s not a note being entered, so there’s nothing to add/subtract velocity from as far as it’s concerned).

4 Likes

A really obvious one would be the ability to shift all steps in a track/pattern left or right. A major setback for me is that it’s difficult to make any major changes to a pattern other than doing it one step at a time.

Copy/paste for a range of notes rather than just individual steps would be nice too.

Absolutely love my cycles & i mean no disrespect at all to the designers as its an ace bit of kit & it’s impossible to please everyone

if you’re in grid record mode, holding page and using the volume knob moves all trigs on a page either left or right

for copying you can copy as many trigs as you can physically hold down at once, to paste you can just press the first trig where you want it to be placed and anything you copied will paste accordingly

edit: also you can copy by page which is handy

3 Likes

Are we even sure there will even BE future updates to the M:C? The last one was just to add functionality for the failed Power Handle.

The manual says this:

All trigs of a track can be shifted forwards or backward on the sequencer. While in GRID RECORDING mode, hold down [TRACK] while turning LEVEL/DATA

I can get that to work, but I can’t get your version to work (using PAGE button to move trigs in a page)

Likely never.

1 Like

There are a few ways of getting good claps on M:C right now. Try Tone with high feedback and a short, fast RETRIG.

5 Likes

Yeah, wouldn’t expect so unless there’s a new one coming out in the same mold.

Not saying anything new here, but would love a second LFO per track. I usually get a snare sound by setting a Tone machine track to 6.4 and sending 2,000x LFO speed (with a huge depth) to either Color or Shape (I forget atm). It makes a great white noise snare sound but then, your LFO is spent :-/

4 Likes

Really wish it had keyboard fold to scale. Like an additional option in [FUNC] + [TRACK] menu. Pretty please?
Doing my part by submitting a feature request.

4 Likes

Yep, keyboard fold to scale is already in digitakt, please Elektron, bring it on over!

4 Likes

I think my three most wished for would be 1. keyboard fold 2. arpeggiator 3. control over attack

6 Likes

Having used the Cycles a lot recently, I really wish they had of given note, note length, and velocity their own encoders. It’s too late now for an addition like that, but I think that would’ve been a good move from the get-go. Also panning doesn’t display a numerical figure on the screen.

1 Like

Same with level. You can get a bit more precision by counting detents … mostly 5 detents = 1 bar on level.

1 Like

I would like to see something like the clip launch legato mode in Ableton, for patterns-

Say you had a 64 step chord progression with drums and had this saved into a few patterns but each pattern had different beat or drum sounds.

Currently when you change pattern, the pattern starts from the beginning but with the legato mode, it will keep the ‘playhead’ position in the pattern when it transfers to the new pattern so the chord progression is not interrupted.

This may seem pointless but if you have a shorter CHG length in the scale setup (think lower than 16) you could wizz through different beats (either by chaining or changing them live) while keeping the same chords/bass/whatever you might want as a longer progression.

Hope that makes sense. I’ll see if I can find a decent Ableton vid to explain better…

eta…
Not great but hopefully explains it
(when he mentions ‘global quantise’ think CHG value in Scale Set up

2 Likes

Please add polyphony for individual tracks. I want to use 4 tracks for external MIDI

1 Like