Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread

Use very fast random lfo to pitch. You can make any machine a clap machine.

3 Likes

Yeah, that works ok, but I feel like there’s still room for a dedicated clap machine.

Yeah, I have to say I’m pretty happy with the claps on offer, I would love to see some more machines though. I generally find it hard to get snappy snares I like, which is odd because I love one on the digitone.

Yeah, they’ve clearly made a choice regarding the snare sound, it’s totally not in my usual ballpark, but I’m finding it pretty useable.

1: Press Track + Back to return temp saved track state

2: Divide live recorded retrigs into physical steps… not just the starting one
This way we could record velocity/parameter variations made with polypressure ( cool feature + with parameters but that’ only useful for performance)

3: A way to copy sequence + sound of a track in one move… then paste it all somewherelse

4: A more reactive pattern change ( too near of the end and it cycle another time before change )

1 Like

question about #4: do you have the “Pattern Change” parameter set to “LEN[GTH]” in the FUNC+PAGE menu? Default it is set to 16 steps, so that might explain why it doesn’t happen when you’re changing close to the end of a sequence. I hope this is helpful to you

Yep it’s set to the lenght i want it wait often the end of the 64 steps loop. It’s no matter this i think, it’seems to not respond in the very last beat (any bpm even very low) and so wait another cycle to change finally

as I understand it, dictating patterns to change based on a number of beats (16 or 64 or whatever) will count from the moment you choose a new pattern to a point 64 beats away. This does not change things at the end of your 64 beat pattern. try using the “LEN” option to see if that works. I am able to change on the fly with my M:C no problem when I use this method. good luck

Edit for clarity, select CHANGE on the FUNC+PAGE menu, and turn the encoder to the left until you see it say “LEN”

The only word i ve found is « OFF » in change setting (i turned the whole 1024 steps possible. No « LEN ». Normal?
The way the sequencer deals with changes pretty same as the DT. Got the same request on it.
Ps: It doesn’t count steps from the moment you’ve selected new pattern, it wait the coming of the next bar=16, the next beat=4, or in my case most often, the very last step=64 of my 4bars loop. Sometimes 128 if i got a 1/2 scaled track.

so i forgot to mention that you will only see the “LEN” option if all the track lengths are the same. If you have individually changed tracks to have different lengths, you will only see the “no” option as you mentioned.

Selecting the machine via CC would be nice.

1 Like

Try Midi CC #64.

1 Like

like @bathrobe mentioned, I would LOVE it if I could record velocity (or any other automatable parameter) when retrig is enabled. I can record retrigs live, and I can record velocity live, how come it cant do both simultaneously?

1 Like

Don’t know if this is even possible and i saw this in some initial reviews back in Feb but it be nice to be able to control what comes out of the three outs. So you could do three tracks out of the three outs or have one out as an effects out and be able to control the levels.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I have to change my request now :laughing:
Transmit a CC via midi, when we have changed the machine.

[edit]and add it to the manual :kissing_heart: [/edit]

1 Like

I had a lot of fun with my M:C when I first got it, it’s the first Model Elektron I’ve owned and the format is great for jamming on the sofa etc, you can switch your brain off a bit more with the one knob per function interface.

However, it’s been away for repair for a month or so (power cutting out a few tones, they couldn’t repro it so no repair done, hopefully it stops happening!) and I played with it tonight and couldn’t help feeling everything sounded a bit samey (even the demo tracks).

Probably just not quite in the right mood, but I’d love to see more machines added to add a bit more variety. Especially the sound of the snare gets a bit tiring, and maybe something dedicated to pads. The Digitone has a much larger range (in exchange for complexity of course), would be nice to tap into that a bit more.

Also, it won’t happen due to the layout, but I’d love a filter. I love being able to tame the FM sounds with the filter on the Digitone and it’s just a nice way to add some easy movement/structure.

I’ll hold on to the M:C for a while longer and see what comes in the way of updates regardless, and hopefully another evening I’ll feel more inspired by it again!

I rarely use the snare machine for snares these days. I usually use tone or perc, but I like my snares to be more “tubby” / plastic sounding than snappy most of the time.

2 Likes

That whole using tracks for “unintended purposes” is one of my favorite qualities of the thing. Pretty crazy flexible.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Model:Cycles Tips & Tricks Thread

What are you referring to? Sorry I can’t figure out how to get to whatever you were replying to and want to know what these “unintended purposes” are!