Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread

as bibenu said, SY TOY would be great!

EDIT : after some thoughts (and getting the syntakt…) i was wrong thinking about SY TOY on the M:C
looking at the wipeout style design of the machines logos, i understand that the machines are the identity of the cycles and it won’t suit it to add more.

i take the opportunity to say that i would love: preview trig!

3 Likes

That’s a clever idea :star_struck:

1 Like
  • Some kind of note glide/portamento menu

• Omit track(s) from Control All function or set certain tracks to respond to a percentage of the Control All

• Negative Feedback to give Ping-Pong delay, with a menu to edit its parameters maybe?

• the Syntakt clap engine :pleading_face:

• the Syntakt Toy engine :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

• Another style of Punch engine we can swap between per track

• An extra LFO that can be used globally OR the ability to steal an unused LFO from a neighbor track

wishful thinking :'3

4 Likes

Please give us a musical scale functionality on the chromatic keyboard or when dialling in notes. Most modern grooveboxes have this feature and it is such a time saver and creativity booster.

3 Likes

A very modest request for a feature, that would greatly improve my workflow, especially when programming synth sounds: A per track menu for setting trig length and velocity. It can be really annoying to parameter lock these for each note.

And while I’m at it another request: An LFO reset option for lock trigs. There even is some free space in the LFO menu to include a toggle for this.

Edit: I’m actually wondering why this isn’t how the LFO reset works on default. It seems logic to me, that it would reset on every trigger event, whether it is a note trig or a lock trig… might this be a bug? :thinking:

1 Like

You can kind of do this now, it’s been described as part of the hack for model:samples timestretch.
The the lfo reset part of this technique should work for model:cycles too.

1 Like

Thats a neat trick, but I think it doesn’t solve the problem, that LFO reset only works when a note is played, whereas I want it to reset on a lock trig. One example of what could be achieved with this is having a very long note glide into another at a later point.

Edit: I just remembered there isn’t even a velocity setting for lock trigs, so the trick can’t be used at all

This!

Yes, this also!

4 Likes

How likely they will give us some Model:Cycles update? There is so much potential! Any updates would be welcome there are a lot in this thread!

And how likely we are to get the power handle back?

For me a power handle and being able to change chromatic scale, minor, major and have them in a linear fashion like on the syntak would be a really powerful add on. Oh and the clap machine :smiley:

The first is possible (who knows!)

the second seems not so much, I don’t think they’d sell enough for the re-engineering.

Wow really - that was a major f** up then! Promise a power handle, finally release it, it breaks, recall them all, never release it again! That’s crazy - I guess I’ll start thinking to make my own!

1 Like

Ok now that they released a bag just for the Model - they surely will re-release the power handle???

1 Like

No. Design and production of the power handle was a complete pain for Elektron judging from their responses, the time it took to release it, the fact that it used AA-batteries instead of a rechargeable Li-Ion and the eventual recall of faulty units. In no way they will go through this pain again.

Also apparently the new bag doesn’t fit a Model with attached handle to it.

2 Likes

I asked for Q. START to be implemented since it was in the original Rytm manual but never delivered in the product. Such an important feature, and given Elektron’s capabilities, you’d think it would be a pretty easy add.

1 Like

just like for the MS request: Scales and Sequencer directions : REV-UP/DOWN-RANDOM does not look like rocket science to me

I reckon the models will get another update. with the new sleeve coming out seems they’re still being considered.

if they get attack env & scales/fold Id be a very happy bunny :3lektron:

6 Likes

This is literally all it needs. Let’s make this happen fam!

1 Like

:partying_face:

Would love trig preview aswell :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Song Mode.

4 Likes