Model:Cycles Feature Requests Thread

Is there a way to redirect the lfos to other tracks? I would preffer to do it internally or at least via midi loop.

To make 1 track drone with 6 LFOs delay and reverb or 2 drones with 3 LFOs and delay with individual out.

I would choose this config for external mixing, reverb always leaks to the opposite output even if hard panned , delay does not

No.

But you can p-lock the whole first LFO page, including destinations.

2 Likes

that was quick - they just announced something quite similar in os 1.12 !! :wink:

it will now push-turn through steps of 12 :thup: once in that. menu, so it kinda blows my broader FR out the window as this happens inside that menu

but the same process could be improved if the push-turn went straight into value adjustment, so I will still submit a FR, but this helps a lot

Fn Twisting e.g. Pitch is geared very slowly indeed for semitone hops - it’s even slower if you turn fast

by contrast when dealing in cents the encoder can be swept full range in one go

not possible to get more than a few semitones when sweeping with FN held - it seems super slow, even to achieve control, plus odd that faster Fn turning should be so tardy

FR is improved faster/accelerated Fn twist gearing

2 Likes

@Ess pls can you add a way to control all, mess around with various parameters and for it to return to original values on release?

From another discussion via @movement / @finalform… maybe it could be a different button combo or a global/per pattern setting?

Is there a way to control all, mess around with various parameters and for it to return to original values on release?

1 Like

Not on release of the CTRL ALL Button but by reloading the pre-saved Pattern (but I guess you knew this).

Feature request?

1 Like

yeah, I think it shouldn’t be too hard to implement - ill pop in a request

1 Like

Submit a feature request for this. That’s what I did!

1 Like

just done

1 Like

Don’t think I’d want that, personally. That’s only one use case for control-all, it’s quite possible that you’d want to make one change, do other stuff (muting, adding/removing trigs, etc), make another control-all change, etc etc, before reloading the pattern.

4 Likes

Of course. Maybe it could be a different button combo or a global/per pattern setting?

2 Likes

Yeah, could be a per pattern setting I guess.

MD is still king in that department: the super swift function+mode combo. So easy because they are next to each other and isolated from other buttons. The reload kit combo on AR is way more tricky. Far from each other and surrounded by other buttons to get confused with. Not comfy to do with one hand.

1 Like

Yeah I agree, I often use ctrl all for zeroing track level to then individually set mix levels, so it would be unhelpful if it reverted when releasing the button.

I guess in some instances it could be handy though.

btw, does the undo work with ctrl-all? (the back button)

Dear Santa… I know it’s early, but I wish for: Trigs to remember their settings when you turn them off…

I use trig Mutes a lot on my Rytm… I’ll typically create a 16 step pattern, p-lock the snot out of it, then use trig mutes to “thin” it out and basically “play” the pattern…

On the M:C, it woudl cool if there was at least an option to do it where I set up a trig (vel, note, p-locks, etc.), then if I press the trig to turn it, it goes back to the previous values… Or just add trig mutes? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

you could copy trigs and then clear em, paste back when done? not ideal but maybe something worth trying…

It does!

Edit: oh, only for the last parameter you changed. But it does undo it for all tracks.

2 Likes

just plock probability or vol to minimum and back up again (even with ctrl all) to restore many - it’s unlikely to get individual track mutes, let’s be realistic, but no harm asking

you can sorta do 4 trigs at a time no probs - done - muted