Mod Dwarf

@Bionicvinnie I really recommend reading the MOD Devices’ forum post linked by @adfielding

The situation sucks and you’re right to feel aggrieved but from the timeline, it seems like they were hit over and over - all while trying desperately to make it work - and just had to tap out in the end. It won’t get your money back or put a device in your hands but it’s an informative (if sad) read.

Given that a combo of genuine supply-chain-mashing effects of COVID, coupled with raw-material-supplier-greed-fuelled inflation has sent even well-established. well-run players (e.g. WMD) to the wall, I’m amazed MOD survived even this long.

I wasn’t a backer and I don’t have any MOD kit but I do operate a niche tech outfit and it is scary to see other small groups dropping like flies at the moment!

2 Likes

I had a sneaking suspicion that those of us who waited might not receive our Founders Edition. :cry:

There might still be a glimmer of hope:

As mentioned above, the reboot includes the carry-over of the owed crowdfunded units, both of Dwarf as Expression Pedals, planned to be delivered in the first 6 months of runway provided by the minimum funding.

We don’t even consider not delivering these units. The only scenario in which these units are not delivered would be if the whole thing falls apart but, in that case, everybody loses. In any other scenario, the carryover is a sure thing.

More info on the reformed company now called MOD Audio.

1 Like

Hi guys…MOD is back. Any of you wants to share some good or bad on DWARF ?
Being myself on the fence for it…
Thanks!