MnM X Pyramid

Thanks! I’ve got about 50 of these little tracks/vignettes all from the same session. I might put them all together into a mix

1 Like

1 Like

4 Likes

These are all so inspiring. Can you put them on bandcamp? I want to buy/download them!

Thanks dude, that’s a nice thing to say :slight_smile:

I just enabled downloads on soundcloud so you can grab them there. Also just chucked up a heap of Digitakt sketches too if you are interested…

1 Like

Awesome, I’ve grabbed all of them and will put them on my phone. You’ve inspired me to make some short vignette pieces!

1 Like

Sadly, that is already where the Pyramid already ends in my eyes… Its a real good hardware sequencer, no doubt, but I find it to limited in terms of pattern manipulation. Also the arp is lacking. Anyway, I hope the Kilpatrick Carbon does fill this gap.

They have an Actress feel to them, which is no bad thing. Sound really good.

I agree with @pselodux. Get them on Bandcamp as I for one would definitely pay money for them.

2 Likes

what about automation? Elektron gear is too steppy when recording filter sweeps into steps - is the Pyramid acceptable? Because that‘d be my n°1 reason to give it a try

Its not bad, but I mainly used internal lfos of the Instruments for such things. The pyramid lets you draw an automation curve via touchpad, or put a lfo on a cc via Midi effects…

LFOs are so unnatural to me … I always have the feeling I could not get the results I want at all - and designing by hand is also not realtime - with my fingers I can sweep very smoothly and hear the results instantly - everythig else is too many steps and feels more like recreating than creating to me.

Can understand that, the Pyramid could be the right tool for you, buy one to test and sell if it does not suit…

only problem I see is that Elektron gear is not sending out knob data … so it’s not 100% convenient. I would have to set the correct CC in the pyramid and then record, do the filter sweep outside the box - this kills it a bit … Please @Elektron … add this feature.

1 Like

That is true…

Would you consider releasing the sysexs for a few of the monomachine only ones please ?

1 Like

Sure dude, I think I still have a midi interface lying about. Let me check tonight…

2 Likes

Excellent. That’ll be cool if you do.

These aren’t strictly MnM + Pyramid but I thought I’d post them here anyway since they are all Elektron gear…

2 Likes

These are good too.