MnM midi sequencing VS OT midi sequencing

Hi all,
I’m a long time MD uw mk1 user, and recently picked up an Octatrack. i’ve wanted a MnM for sometime, but the planets never aligned and it never happened. one of the draws was its midi sequencing abilities, which added to its appeal and possible usefulness in my setup.

so, ultimately I’m just curious if there’s any differences between midi sequencing capabilities between MnM and the OT, and/or if one does everything the other does plus more.

assuming the Octatrack is the superior midi sequencer, how do you seasoned elektronauts see how I might still make use of the MnM midi sequencer in a trinity setup of MD + OT + MnM … assuming the OT would be taking care of midi sequencing other non-elektron gear (eg korg volca keys etc - 8 tracks will most likely be plenty). I’m guessing maybe I could use the MnM’s cc/lfo sequencing to control the md/ot if i need some extra in that regard ? …

I’d appreciate some thoughts on this, as much as I want the MnM for its synthesis, I want to justify a purchase by having some good use & benefit for its midi sequencers despite using the OT to midi sequence non-elektron gear.

thanks

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sequencer Comparison: Monomachine & Octatrack