MK2 Voice Output Setup Ideas/Suggestions?

Hi all, new to the Elektron gear world and experimenting with my MK2 and the various output setups possible with all the available audio outs.

I am currently running the voice outputs into the inputs of my UAD Apollo Quad, but I just realized that this set up bypasses the effects which only go out through the main outs of the MK2. So now I think I’ll go back to using the main outs into my interface but that leaves me wondering what kind of interesting things could be done with the voice outputs.

Contemplating main outs from the MK2 into inputs 1/2, then use mono (TS) for each voice into inputs 3-6. It seems a shame to not utilize the voice outputs stereo capabilities but my interface only has 8 audio ins.

What kind of routing ideas and solutions have you experimented with?

Thinking about picking up A4 mk2 and interested in this topic

Judging from architecture/signal path in manual (p.104), looks like the individual voice outputs are a ‘fake’ stereo — meaning the panning is created from a mono signal.

Do I have this right?

If so, you may not be missing much.

Judging from architecture/signal path in manual (p.104), looks like the individual voice outputs are a ‘fake’ stereo — meaning the panning is created from a mono signal.

I hadn’t considered that but I’ll bet you’re right!

I had some good success last night also using it with Logic and continuing to use the voice outputs in stereo. If I take the Polyphony off of a track then I can have four different mono synths and all the features you get with the performances. Then on the audio inputs I have all the plug ins of my studio rig available for effects and mastering.

This is a really fabulous box. It is taking a lot of study and learning to use it properly but the payoff is incredible.

I have this exact question. I only have 8 inputs available and have other devices to consider connecting, so was wondering if it would be worth having the individual outs. I’m also wondering if Overbridge will support multi-out via usb? So many questions. This thing is a beast!