Missing notes when i play fast

Hi there !

I just want to play and record in real time the notes of the digitone with an external keyboard (here the mellotron), except that when I “play fast” it eats the notes and it makes a messing… like if there was the quantize that was activated (but it’s not the case), it keeps the aftertouch and shades but it literally eat some notes and it moves others! Velocity problem ?

The problem persists when I use the keyboard of the digitone … So it should not come from the midi chaine?

or, this is the first time I want to record something fast on the digitoneand they do not allow it?
Indeed, when I play slowly, everything goes well.

I would just like the digitone to transcribe perfectly what I play, is it possible ?

thank you for your answers !

(Sorry for my english, frenchies are bad in english… :slight_smile:)

It is a step sequencer (not linear) with limited slots per bar. You simply can’t play at any rate and expect it to capture. You have 16ths on average but you could play a couple of notes that are closer but you will not be able to keep doing so if there isn’t a free step.

2 Likes

thank you very much Avantronica … Pity…

:slight_smile:

There is scale per track on the digitone though. With that you can increase the resolution of the step sequencer for a certain track, so 64 16th notes can be turned into 32 32th notes. Check the manual on how to proceed with scale per track.

3 Likes