Minneapolis MN Nauts Looking to Split a Jam Space

I have a banging PA system but no place to put it. I’m looking for some respectful people to share a local jam space. Of course you’re welcome to use my PA system. It would be cool to do some collaborative streams too.

I’m close to having a decent live set and want to put some time in honing in on the performance and in order to do that… I need to turn it up for the vibes.

PM and let’s see what we can find.

Best Regards,

Karl

2 Likes

A band I was in a couple years back had a practice space that was part of a large storage complex, like the kind you see on those shows where people buy other people’s delinquent stored property. Anyways these spaces were a bit larger than the one’s you see on those kind of shows and about half of their business was renting rooms to bands on a pay by month basis. Most of them had been acoustically treated (although the bleed through from your neighbors was worse at certain times of day than others) and some had been converted to recording spaces. I saw one with a mic booth and a drum isolation booth.

They had a bulletin board for people looking to share a space or who had a space and were looking for someone to share it with. You could take a chance and google it to see if there’s something like that local to you, rehearsal spaces for rent. They may have a similar bulletin board or something like that as part of their website. Just one idea if you wanted to look into it.

3 Likes

There is a few places like that around but they’re like $350+ a month… which is more affordable when split between like minding synth enthusiasts. Rooms for $350 are probably going to be too small to be useful for a PA too.

1 Like

I’m 8 hours north up in Winnipeg. Were I closer and on the other side of the border, I’d be all over this. Good luck with the search!

1 Like

$250-350 sounds about right. split a few ways it’s not as bad, by yourself it’s a little bit of a kick to the groin, especially if it’s any distance to drive there. If it’s around the corner that’s one thing, but the other side of town you might start weighing how tired you are against how much money you’re spending on the place and it’s a toss up sometimes. Check out the bulletin board if they have one though, that’s how we found someone to split a space with when we lost a member and all of a sudden the cost split increased.

Thanks! There is a place called City Sound here. It is one only a few blocks from where I live. I used to have a space there a long time ago. That would be the ideal location. Decent sized rooms are north of $500/mo so having a few nauts sharing something would be cool. I think they have a physical bulletin board inside but it’s key fob entry so I have no way of checking it out.

1 Like

Minneapolis nauts bhomp!

1 Like