Minilogue XD

Maybe considerModal Sculpt orCraft2.0 then?

2 Likes

I was too but I bought the squarp pyrimad instead. Any day now

Mono mode is in the 1st place of the chord mode.

2 Likes

Pluck User Oscillator

https://sellfy.com/p/YpVX/

From Timā€™s store:

Although the algorithm inside Pluck v2 for Minilogue XD is to a degree based on the basic principles of Karplus/Strong string synthesis, it is of my own creation and not a direct clone of any existing work. That said, I do not believe that bringing the basic sound of a plucked string to the Minilogue XD is something I should seek specific financial reward for, hence the minimum price I have set is purely a small contribution towards the administrative costs of providing and running this distribution channel plus a small charge for the nine presets that I developed specifically for Pluck v2 for Minilogue XD and which are included with the User Oscillator.

7 Likes

This video has tips for Mono mode, as well as a bunch of other stuff:

From video description:

0:38 - Wave Shapes 2:38 - Sub Oscillator Trick 3:23 - Mono Mode 3:50 - Duo Mode 4:18 - Filter Drive Switch 4:50 - Envelope Generator 5:24 - 1-Shot LFO and LFO Key Sync 6:19 - BPM Delay MIDI Sync Issue 9:23 - Reverb Effects 14:14 - Microtuning

Some healthy criticisms included, though he updated the video description to mention this:

UPDATE (April 18): Korg has confirmed that they will be fixing the BPM Delay + External MIDI clock issue in a future firmware update.

1 Like

So cool. Now I want one even more

Letā€™s hope the clicking Multi oscillator (in mono/unison) is sorted too. Have told Korg support how to recreate it so fingers crossed.

1 Like

2 Likes

I guess this can be done to Minilogue too

5 Likes

I guess it could too, but Iā€™m certainly not brave enough to try it. A MinilogueXD in that form factor would be much more appealing to me - donā€™t know if the bigger size would make it unwieldy thoughā€¦

1 Like

Seems like it might be a possible business venture for someone?

You would think soā€¦ I wonder if my Dad is getting bored with retirement yetā€¦

9 Likes

Nick seems pretty enthusiastic about the XD and I share the sentiment. There are definitely synths out there with more modulation options, but the user oscillator and the FX section add a great deal of value. In conjunction with the A4 thereā€™s additional modulation fun to be had with the CV inputs. Also, the filter sounds significantly improved over the OG, although it comes at the cost of losing the 4pole setting.

1 Like

Itā€™s a really nice price for the capabilities like those custom user oscillatorsā€¦

It has also reduced the prices of OG Minilogues to around $300 and most come with some accessories.

Thereā€™s a lot I like about this synth and Iā€™m willing to sell another synth to get it but only 4 voices, donā€™t know if Iā€™ll be able to adjust to thatā€¦ argh :exploding_head:

Sure you can get a synth for more voices than the XD, spending the same money ($620 USD) or less - like a Micromonsta or some rompler thing.

I have enough romplers. The XD checks enough boxes for me that polyphony is not a concern.

Korg also has hybrid polysynths with 8 or 16 voices but they cost quite bit more, and take up more space. Same problem with their 128-voice (or whatever the poly is on the Kronos and stuff) products

I wish theyā€™d drop the keys and put out a desktop model of this synth, with a USB host port on the back, and MPE capabilityā€¦ Would make a good LinnStrument companion (grin).

Cheers!

1 Like

The more I hear of, and read about, this synth the more that I find myself being drawn towards it. The multi-osc engine was already a big selling point and the number of alternate osc models available for it already is cool. But other aspects that came up in the SonicState video that I was aware of that hadnā€™t clicked were the CV inā€™s and the effects engines. Iā€™d definitely underestimated thoseā€¦

I can see myself idly wondering about how I can re-jig things to fit into my setup.

2 Likes

I was wondering if anyone could give me some input on thisā€¦

I LOVE the sound of the Minilogue XD. Since I recently spend 900ā‚¬ on a Synthstrom Deluge I dont want to spend another 650ā‚¬ right away. So I was looking for alternatives and was wondering if the Waldorf Pulse 2 could do similar sounds?

The Pulse 2 demos I found on Youtube arenā€™t that great and I think its not as popular as a Minilogue, but on Paper its very powerfullā€¦

It also has 3 OSC (Analog) and does have a Audio Input as OSC 3 . So I could send anything from my Deluge as OSC3 ( = multiengine)

The thing is, I can get a brand new Pulse 2 for 300ā‚¬ so 1/2 of Minilogue XDs priceā€¦