Minilogue XD

I have it for a few months now and I have to say it integrated quite well in my Elektron setup. I use it particularly for pads and it sounds damn good.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried doing neuro bass type stuff with it? It seems like the architecture has the right formula to produce it, but I haven’t heard any examples…

The multi engine also often has an AR envelope or LFO type shenanigans on the shape parameter too depending on the oscillator type.

Spec sheet says “1 lfo with only 3 destinations and a stunted AR envelope with 3 destinations” but it’s actially a bit of a mod monster when you dive into it, especially with an Octa/Digi.

Congrats! They sound great!

1 Like

Sequencing it with the OT, the 3 LFOs per midi track are quite useful, I tend to use the LFO designer very often, that brings endless possibilities.

1 Like

Anyone found out what the CC mapping for EG Int and Delay Depth are? Definitely incorrect in the manual!

DirtBoxSynth Physiq – Physical Modelling Synth

Another good sounding addition to the multi-engine products, although this one doesn’t work quite as well on the NTS-1 apparently.

It does various keyboards, guitars, basses, world instruments, tuned percussion and bowed instruments. I was a little skeptical at this list, but listening the vid above has me believing. For £20 this seems like a steal if you seek these sorts of sounds.

Dirt Box Synth

AGAIN: I’m putting this here, even though there needs to be a generic Korg Multi-engine Synth thread.

4 Likes

I finally checked it out and have to agree. Quite a few nice sounding demos and such but this is my favorite so far too.

It actually raises my GAS for the XD more than his other video does for the OB-6.

Has anyone tried this out yet?
https://www.sinevibes.com/korggroove/

2 Likes

That sounds really good.

I don’t regret selling my XD but more stuff like this might have made me keep it.

256-note sequence trick video - made for original Minilogue but might work for XD as well

2 Likes

Not yet but I agree the demos I’ve heard so far sound quite good.

Just got one of these, to my own surprise…

I was looking to pick up a polysynth and wasn’t even considering the xd. Ended up stealing the show when i demod it. It strikes a really good balance between ease of use and depth.

Anyone else have a bit of give on the plastic on the right side but not the left? Wondering if its due to component placement or if theres a screw somewhere I could tighten.

Okay so they added aftertouch in firmware 2.0 which is great but has anyone worked out how to adjust the aftertouch sensitivity globally? Right now I only have to look at my Launchpad Pro and the every patch (including Init patches) goes crazy with freq mod.
Can’t find anything in the Manual or settings to tame it :thinking:

1 Like

I recently got a minilogueXD and I’m having trouble importing scala files from Scale workshop and from Wilsonics app. Has anybody had luck importing scala files? This is the main reason I bought the synth!

1 Like

I own the module versions of both synths, the Minilogue XD and Argon8. In my opinion, while they both are good synths, they are not comparable in regards to sound characteristics.

1 Like

I bought and sold both.

But preferred the Argon8 over the XD.

I’ve been using my XD less and less so I decided to sell it and pick up a Typhon when they are available again. Digitone polyphony is enough for me, for now.

3 Likes

Interesting that some aren’t into this architecture. I’ve been enjoying my Prologue 16 so much that I’ve been thinking about grabbing an XD (Module Version) for supplemental reasons. (additional user programs as well as the sequencer) :smiley:

I got like this and use Digitone with note and trigs. :slight_smile: I like it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bought the original Minilogue last year, i was going to get the XD but there was a waiting list for them coming into the UK, so i went for the original one instead.
Comparing them both, the XD probably has the edge over the Original one but to be honest, it does pretty much the same, the biggest difference being the XD has 200 patches compared to the 100 on the Original, plus the sequencer on the XD is laid out as 16 buttons, whereas the Original has 8, then you need to press the 1-8 / 9-16 button to toggle between them but it’s no great hardship.
I’m happy enough with the Original, it does more than enough for my needs, plus it was around £100 cheaper at the time i bought it.

1 Like