Minilogue XD

And do you guys feel it’s versatile enough to be the only synth in a minimal setup? I know it can’t be stunning in every areas, but is there one area where it falls flat on its face?

1 Like

100% for sure. I have a few very, very minor gripes (single LFO, no latch unless you’re playing an arp, some menu-diving if you really want to go deep with a patch), but for the price it’s a no-brainer for me. It functions beautifully as an all-around utility synth for simple bass and leads but it really begs to be taken out past the stratosphere.

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer! Should pair nicely with an OT then!

2 Likes

every soundsource pairs nicely with an OT :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Sure. I could have an OT + a sample of a fart, and have fun for years. But resampling farts for hours to obtain chords might be annoying fast!

2 Likes

'logue B3 Organ Oscillator & Effects from 2getherAudio.

So this is good for the minilogue XDs, prologues -AND- NTS-1

You get to pick the price from $10 up.

ADDED: I was looking around for a generalized 'logue thread but didn’t find one. Seems like there is getting to be a fair amount of non-specific Korg multi-engine products, that probably need their own slot. This Minilogue XD thread seemed like the best place for now.

4 Likes

I’ve searched a fair few times on this but not been able to find an answer.

Can you save/convert/transfer the original Minilogue patches to the XD? Anyone know??

Don’t think so. Same VCOs 1 and 2 but different architecture, totally different filter, AR mod envelope generator not ADSR like the OG, very different effects setup, different sequencer etc etc.

It’s such an immediate synth though, it wouldn’t be very hard to approximate your favourite Minilogue patches on the XD from scratch.

I’ve actually been looking into having only one synth as well.

And Minilogue XD was my conclusion as well.

1 Like

Same here, I went for the module as my only real synth to sit alongside a Digitakt and a Tascam 414 for tape loops.

It’s so surprisingly versatile with the hidden multi engine features and user oscillators / effects etc, especially with the extra mod options from the DT. I haven’t even taken advantage of CV yet.

Way more than “an analog 4 voice poly with some digital bits”, it’s a keeper!

2 Likes

Can I ask why you guys went for the XD over something like the Argon8.

I do like wavetable synthesis and looked into the Argon8 and the Wavestate but there was just something about the XD’s sound in demos. I liked the idea of a true hybrid and the user expandability too.

It was a heart/ears decision but the Argon8 also seems superb.

3 Likes

Yeah, sounds dope. Pairing it with OT as the only synth. Which means I could make it as crazy as I want. Use the internal sequencer as 4 mod sources. Then the potential to use each midi track of OT to use midi lfos. Then I have a small modular system which I could use with the 2 cv ins. I feel like modulation will not be an issue.

1 Like

That’s the way it has to be.

I bought the XD module 1st, but mainly due to the fact that at the time there were hardly any decent demos of the Argon8. The odd sound hear and there perhaps. In the last month the demos popping up have been great, so I ended up buying one.

1 Like

I played the original on an impromptu visit to Wunjo and the layout just makes sense to me and loved the sound, then seeing the XD I decided to replace for the extra features. Love the form factor, layout, sound. Went for the white version.

3 Likes

I have it for a few months now and I have to say it integrated quite well in my Elektron setup. I use it particularly for pads and it sounds damn good.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried doing neuro bass type stuff with it? It seems like the architecture has the right formula to produce it, but I haven’t heard any examples…

The multi engine also often has an AR envelope or LFO type shenanigans on the shape parameter too depending on the oscillator type.

Spec sheet says “1 lfo with only 3 destinations and a stunted AR envelope with 3 destinations” but it’s actially a bit of a mod monster when you dive into it, especially with an Octa/Digi.

Congrats! They sound great!

1 Like

Sequencing it with the OT, the 3 LFOs per midi track are quite useful, I tend to use the LFO designer very often, that brings endless possibilities.

1 Like

Anyone found out what the CC mapping for EG Int and Delay Depth are? Definitely incorrect in the manual!