Minilogue XD as Midi controller for DT

Ive got an Minilogue Xd and Digitakt setup and Im trying to figure out how to control the different samples on track 1-8 on the DT with the keyboard of the XD and still use the DT as the main clock to sequence the XD.

I`ve got:
DT Midi out -> XD Midi In
XD Midi Out -> DT Midi in
Local SW OFF

Ive managed to control the different sample tracks on the DT with the Xd keyboard but when Im on a preset other then 1 on the XD and I press stop twice or more on the DT, it resets the preset on the XD to 1.

Do you guys have any idea how to fix this?

I have this working on my OG minilogue and I think your issue is that Prog Ch Send is enabled in the DT MIDI sync settings- make sure that’s disabled.

For some reason I am still able to control the Minilogue’s presets from the DT’s MIDI channels using the SubBank and Prog CCs, and it doesn’t reset to 1 when I hit stop twice.

Hopefully that works!

(ps if you’re sending clock+transport to the ML as well, make sure you clear the preset sequences on it- it’s really annoying when it starts playing that instead of what the DT’s doing when you hit play)

Awesome., It works right now! Thanks for the help!
Is there any way to make sure it never stars playing the sequence on the ML or is it just a thing you have to clear before starting with anything?
Also, any idea if there is an option where the ML does not reset to preset 1 when turning off?

You can turn off Transport Send from the DT and the ML’s sequencer won’t be triggered when you hit play. You’d only really want it on if you’re syncing multiple sequencers, but if it’s just the ML then it’ll help to turn it off!

On the OG ML, I know there’s no way to set a different preset to open when you turn it on- not sure about the XD but I’d imagine they are the same. BUT using the SubBank and Prog CCs on the DT you can sort of save the preset you want to use for that pattern: set your preset from the DT and wiggle the Prog CC when you turn the ML on and it’ll jump to the value you have set there. Kinda janky but it works.

You can also try Parameter-locking the Prog CC value on the first step of the sequence, so when you hit play the ML will go to that preset. But I think this only works if you have already wiggled the knob like above- this would just ensure that the ML preset will change when you change to a DT pattern using a different one.