Mini-T - MIDI Thru anyone?

hi there :slight_smile:
a new little product has recently come to life, it’s a simple battery powered MIDI Thru which can easily fit in yer pocket :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
at the moment i’ve got 4 (yep, only 4) PCBs but will definitely make more if there’s enough interest.
i still haven’t fixed a price for it but shouldn’t be tooo high; if anyone is interested please do get in touch, cheers :slight_smile:

I’m going to be honest-seeing you make a little midi through box makes me wish you’d develop a killer little midi filter/router/merge box, like something I could put before or after my Elektrons so I could use multiple sequencers without conflict, etc.

…got the price fixed for the first batch of boxes :slight_smile: : €35+shipping (final price should be around €45)- first come first serve
need someone willing to test things out and although it’s a simple MIDI Thru box, it’s always better to check that everything works fine before going global :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

mmm…could work on that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: got the specs in mind? :joy:

hi guys :slight_smile:
updated the website with more info, time for beta-testing then…who’s in?

No batteries
No power supply

Works fine.

Gugabox, your device is not bad when price 35eur, you should not increase it.

just bought a midi thru box…goddamnit! … wish I could support the Guga prodcts …

I would prefer a battery powered unit any time over a bus / signal powered unit!

@ Guga: change the font of the ZERO to an actual o … looks like “average latency” (not zero latency)

hi there quadrica,
wish i could keep the price as low as €35 but unfortunately it won’t probably happen (unless i win the lottery or i get offered the best music contract of all times :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )
there’re different costs involved in the production of even this little box, which, if i had to sell for as low as what you mention, it wouldn’t make worth doing it :expressionless: … i do try for as much as possible to keep costs down and i understand where you come from :slight_smile:

…sell it and by the Mini-T :smiley: (…kidding…)

@ Guga: change the font of the ZERO to an actual o … looks like “average latency” (not zero latency)

yeah…actually, just noticed that :smiley: i’ll need to change it to a real 0 …ach du… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

…fixed. should look more like it now :slight_smile:

…quick update: i’ve done some changes to the PCB of the Mini-T and now it also works without battery when connected to a ‘proper’ MIDI port capable of powering it up. this requires a couple of wires and an extra component to be added to the board but will be integrated in the next (and probably final) version of the PCB.

unfortunately it’s not possible to power the Mini-T using the alternative 3.5mm jack alone, there’s just MIDI data coming from there but connecting a cable from either a MIDI Out/Thru port to the Mini-T for powering it up, will allow to use the mini jack as well

ps: for those of you interested: there’re only 4 boards left, just in case :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am slightly confused. Are you saying that the final version will be able to be powered by the midi port alone? If I could put this between my Monomachine and a few things, it would open up some options for sure.
As far as a midi filter/router…I’ve changed my setup since I posted that, and thus my needs have changed, but something that could work around the fairly rigid midi channel structure of the Monomachine would be a dream. Still thinking about it, but that’s a definite jumping off point.

both current and final version will be able to be powered via MIDI.
current version of the PCB only needs some manual routing to get it to work, but other than that it works the same as the final version

…just updated website - it’s now possible to buy the Mini-T :slight_smile:

bumping this one :astonished: … really? no one needs a MIDI-Thru?! aaach well, i thought this was going to be the new trend and fly my to the Maldives… :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

edit: the price is still €35 for the first batch

‘…a recent study shows that people using or even simply owning a MIDI Thru box will have better results in their music production…’ - it’s true maaan! no kidding! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :astonished: :joy:

only one remaining from first batch… :astonished:

…aaand it took a bit but finally the Mini-T is available again for purchase on the website :relaxed:

…still available… :slight_smile:

Does this one have a power switch? I have a battery powered thru box ATM and the power switch on it is essential in order to prevent the battery from getting drained quickly while not in use… However, the fact that this can also work without battery or a wall-wart (depending on the connected devices) makes this one appealing.