Mike Parker, Voices From The Lake and similar techno producers

A few I haven’t heard of, will check them out :+1:

1 Like

Will watch that later, nice one :+1:

Do we know each other from subsekt back in the day?

1 Like

Ah yeah I used to post on there! Hey :smiley: Sorry, didn’t recognise the name at first.

Still have a little look on there now and then, just didn’t have as much time to post and when you get out of the habit it can be a bit hard to get back into it. Do you still post on there?

2 Likes

One of my favourite mixes, totally belongs to this thread.

4 Likes

Hey Subsekt! Haven’t been there in a bit. Wonder how its doing there. That and under ground house dot net are shells of their former selves.

No worries man! I only remembered because we had a similar topic on there and we’d be pretty active in it.

No! I haven’t been on there for more than 2 years. The vibe was a bit to grim for me, and I felt the entire forum was in a loop. New faces with same questions, same answers from old faces etc etc

Leaned a lot there though and was a dope place for sure!

I’m not really active here too though, just some mindless scrolling once a while.

1 Like

Yeah that’s right, I remember that topic! Haha. Good to re-meet you anyway mate :blush:

Yeah keeping a forum vibe while people come and go etc. seems to be quite a challenge. This place seems to do pretty well, much more pleasant than other gear-focussed music forums, I guess partly good moderation and partly the focus on Elektron stuff making it a bit more niche. Plus Elektron users are evidently just cool people :joy:. Fills the time while I wait for code to compile at work etc lol

Very “Rrose” Byetone track :heart:

6 Likes

Really like “Sayz”, got that slow burning feel to it

Yeah, good stuff - enjoyed his work as half of Cassegrain too (I think?)

1 Like

This is awesome, really enjoying it. I had no idea they had worked together, looks like they actually have quite a few albums. Really enjoy both their solo work and this combination seems to work really well live. Nice to see all their live setup too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been busy this week still not had chance to watch this yet, hopefully tonight :+1:

1 Like

Yeah love Byetone and Alva Noto

And Robert henke (monoloake) although this music is slightly different style. I love this laser show he did
2 Likes

Yeah, all of the Raster Noton stuff is amazing but these two are definitely among my favourites. Seen Alva Noto live a few times, amazing experience. And yes, also love Henke, I’ve seen his laser show and his one with the old computers live, and both were excellent. Love his work as Monolake too.

1 Like

You’re a lucky guy !!! Get nothing like this up my neck of the woods, would have to travel down to London and stay over but never happens !!! Seems like you get everything down there, different world !! :+1:

I did manage to twist my wife’s arm to go and see Richie Hawtin doing his closer show at the Roundhouse in 2018.

1 Like

Yeah it is definitely one advantage of being in a big city. Not been clubbing for quite a while (kinda regret taking that for granted now everything is locked down!) but you get some great live shows at places like Barbican and Roundhouse. Most of the fun of clubbing with none of the hangover :joy:

How was Hawtin? I got into techno by randomly hearing him playing at Glade festival, I’d never heard anything like it before and it instantly captivated me, so will always have a soft spot for him despite not really rating more recent sets I’ve heard from him. Technically good but musically not that interesting any more for me… although I did listen to his most recent mix CD and thought it was alright.

He did one set in 2011 which was pretty interesting and even had some Mike Parker in, I would like to hear him explore that sort of sound more! Probably not suited to the large venues/line-ups he plays now though. https://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklist/mmkhfk/richie-hawtin-red-grand-palais-paris-france-2011-06-21.html

1 Like

Yeah he was good although like you say his output hasn’t been great recently but his plastikman albums are amazing, went the V festival in 99 or 2000 and was watching a Luke Slater set in the tent. It was in the day and there weren’t many in there and next minute Hawtin and some other guy are standing next to me watching the whole set. I was a bit star struck !!!

1 Like

Hahaha, nice, yeah I’ve seen him wondering around Sonar with his parents before! And yes, the Plastikman stuff is so far ahead of its time and unique.

2 Likes

He announced last year that he is working on a new plastikman album so fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: it’s a good one