Migrating projects

Has anyone managed to migrate a project from one mk2 to another with Transfer app?

There is one concern: sound pool, and it can’t be dumped afaik. Having all samples backed up (including the recorded ones), I think it is the project files that contain information on the pool? Can you confirm that?
Thanks

There are further discoveries but far from conclusive.

RAM is not the same as Pool - probably obvious but I missed the difference. You can unload from RAM, and not sure how this affects the pool.

I tried recovering a project from scratch - empty Rytm. Using Transfer, I chose to transfer the project and toggled importing only the used samples, to be put in the original location.

The samples are not played back, so they must be lacking from the pool.
There are lots of samples in RAM, but these are different ones.

Does anyone know how to sort this out?

haven’t got an answer but i am about to experience same thing and would appreciate hearing from people who’ve done it without issue.

never backed up my mk1.
using Transfer to dump all projects and samples in their folder structure. (never used sounds).
will then format/reset unit.
what are the popup window options when dragging a project file back?
will all samples need to be on +drive in the same folder structure for the projects to load them?

I think I can help in part. Others please feel free to join, (and if someone has a ready answer to waftlord’s question, skip this post).

Based on what I have read so far, samples may be put in any folder structure, and even their names do not count because what is used for reference is a unique “checksum” of files.
Sounds saved on +Drive are for user to draw from when needed, i.e. not directly relevant to project recovery.

Patterns which don’t use sound triggers do not rely on sound pools at all (0 position Track sound in sound pool).
For patterns which use sound triggers, sound pools are used and the sound pool is position dependant and unique to the whole project.
You can’t save a sound pool on +drive as part of Rytm operation but you can use sysex dumps (i.e. not handled separately by Transfer)

When a recovered project is playing stuff, it might be either due to sound pool or to sample association having been messed up.

Experienced Rytm users, is this correct? How to address the issues mentioned above?

Not working on my Rytm MK2.

Update. Does work. Needed cleaning up everything, i.e. the reset would not help but I think it was removing sounds as last ditch effort did.
At that point, it was enough to Transfer the project, samples, sounds - all there already.

Another thing, if this much is needed to migrate projects, compilations would be impossible to do.
Also, at this stage, messing around with preset trigs produces nothing but surprises.

Makes me think I still don’t understand the structure of data on Rytms.