Midiclock timing problem! Need help!

Hello,

i sync the MD with Cubase via Midi clock. Start and Stop commands work fine.
BUT:
When I start a Pattern via Midinote and the next Pattern had to start, the first triggered sounds like it was doublet with a little decay (msec). Equal if Pattern has to change or same Pattern trig on to start again. Not useable especially in cycle mode.
If i stop the Midiclock and start the patternchange via Midinote without the clocksignal all works fine. but after awhile they drift away and splay.
But without midiclock there is no songpostion recognized.

No midinote is double signed in mapeditor (Global)
Why does the clocksignal make this problem? Timing issue?
Any advice? PC without utiliazion.

Hello,

it seems this would be a monolgue.
After tests tonight I´m shure it is a Midiclock prob caused from DAW (cubase)
If in cubase sync menue the button “Always send start message” and “Midiclock follows songposition” timing is ok but: the soundprob (sounds like doubled first trig with ms. delay)
If I deactivate these button it no soundprob but correct but he first bar horrible worst timing with the beginning of the second bar timing is stable.
Another interesting point: When the song start at the first bar of the projekt and is not stopped between Timing is stabel and no soundprob

any idea?

Hello,

no one? No one has same Probs with to sync a MD to a DAW?

Try running the MD’ s midi channels on 1-4 then set prog chg to ch 16 (or anything but not 1-4)
That should do it:-)

Hi,

thanks for your tip, I will try it in the evening.
Until now I only make prog changes(Pattern change) via trigger Midi note command configured in the map editor.
I never test it via prog change cc command. So I leave the the Control Prg change site in global mode untouched.
I will give it a try to set a prg change via CC on Midi16 and set only start and stop command via note on Midi 1-4

Hope that solved my prob. The way I did it, is a very comfortable workflow, only create a few Pattern in Cub. with one note to trigger the different pattern. For CC command i have to open the listeditor in Cub.

You’re best using Prog Change. Go to global/Control/PRG Change. Turn IN on & select a channel.
If you choose to use the Map Editor instead you need to make sure ‘Track’ values don’t conflict with ‘Pattern’ values.
Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Hi,

at i home I tested immediately. I get rid of these doublet “ghostnote”, but have to set the prog change command one bar before it has to change. Thats the work around for me in cubase. Its drive me crazy.
Why is it so complicate to connect these both worlds (DAW and outboard)
I hope that overbridge will not be such a crazy host of troubles.

btw.:
I find this:
http://www.innerclocksystems.com/New%20ICS%20Litmus.html

they tested MD and unfortunately find that MD is not a very tight machine. A4 and Octa. has a very good litmus rangking.

unfortunatly I must have cubase as Masterclock :frowning:

If the sync gen was not so pricy, I would give it a chance.(but until today I´m not shure how this device will do it and how i have to use it in my equipmentpark)

Yeah I’ve seen the clock reports before. MD isn’t anywhere near as tight as the OT for sure.
I use Cirklon & that’s fantastic but I encounter the same problem as you when it comes to the lag on program change. Unfortunately that’s the way it is :frowning:
I just run them as 2 different systems sharing a clock now, it’s not ideal but it works :slight_smile:

Old post, but I’ve got the same “doublet” problem when syncing the MD slaved to an OT. So, it’s not a DEW-MD link problem, but, I think, a bug of the MD. I wrote some years ago to the Elektron customer service, and they replied me it was a bug. I don’t know if a solution exists, but it’s very ennoying indeed.

I just notice that if I unset the “Tempo In” function of the MD, the doublet problem desapears.Same thing if I unset the “Transport” function of the OT.

I’m steel wondering why such an important issue on the MD has never been solved by Elektron. I think it’s a sort of conflict between the two sync systems of the MD : the midi note out (coming from external gear) and the program change out (also coming from external gear). I can’t imagine it’s something impossible to solve by an OS update. How can a machine drum be sold with such an issue during years without any attention paid by the company!

Hi,
yep,it is a shame how many devices has trouble with sync.
Best workaround with the MD is what bluewolfe7en wrote
You’re best using Prog Change. Go to global/Control/PRG Change. Turn IN on & select a channel. Bettler way to preserving from harm.
best regards.