MIDI Trigs not firing only when programmed

Hi there,

Can’t find this very specific issue here but fee free to merge this topic if it’s a duplicate after all.

I’m having an issue where I’ve programmed the 8 midi tracks to trigger my Acidlab Drumatix on the correct notes/channels. Bizarrely though, the drum machine fires perfectly when the trigs are manually pressed, yet when they’re programmed as trigs… nothing happens when I press play, and I can’t figure out why for the life of me.

Any ideas/similar experiences?

Have you muted the sequencer tracks?

Hahah, I did check that, yes. Nothing is muted.

Both mute modes?

I’ll have to check tomorrow as this actually happened a few weeks back and I moved on and only just got around to posting this.

But, from memory, I’m fairly sure I did use both mute modes yeah.

Is the Drumatix receiving clock/transport? I know you said that it’s receiving the trigs when you play them manually.

No, it’s just in ‘module’ mode where it acts as a midi in/drums out device. That was why I got it hooked up to the Digitakt, didn’t want to use the sequencer in the Drumatix.

Hmmm, I like the Digitakt a lot, but MIDI has been more confusing than I’d like to admit, I’d say maybe check the other midi settings, like velocity/note length aren’t 0 on the midi tracks on the Digitakt.

1 Like

You need to set the channel on the source page for the MIDI sequencer

Ok, so, I hadn’t done that and thought it would work… alas… no dice! Still the Dramatix lights up fine when pressing the trigs by hand, with all my MIDI Out channels set to 1. Then when I program in trigs, even with the Midi track channel enabled on Source and set to 1… nothing.

Odd.

the behavior you’re describing is what happens when the sequencer is muted, i know you said it wasn’t it but please double check both mute modes (global and pattern). this has happened to a number of individuals on the forum and mutes is almost always the culprit.

Nope I just fired it up and triple checked - still triggering manually but not from sequencer, and unmuted in both global and pattern mute modes. All MIDI tracks set to Ch 1 (and tested other channels).

Photos of the mute states for global and pattern…

image image

You might re-check your MIDI note numbers and MIDI trig length.

1 Like

Was just about to post this. Hold down an active trig while on the TRIG page and make sure the length is default (1/16) and on the SRC page make sure the Channel is still 1.

Hahaha I appreciate all this help, but everything is definitely 1/16th trig lengths (and I’ve experimented with adjusting this up and down)

The notes/numbers are definitely correct too (hence why they trigger fine when the trig is pressed) - I’ve even tried P locking the trigs with the values to make sure

Do you have another MIDI instrument that you could send to from the DT?