Midi Thru Issue

Hello, I’m away from my normal set up and am using the following.

Laptop
M:S
Microgranny

So I have USB midi going from laptop>usb>m:s and at the same time midi from m:s/microgranny

The issue is that midi won’t go from laptop>m:s>microgranny.

I’ve switched out/thru to thru but there’s no response. What am I overlooking?

Channels are correct :1

Maybe change the out polarity

11.3 in the manual

OUT POL sets the polarity of the MIDI OUT port to accommodate for the two different standards of 3.5 mm (Tip/Ring/Sleeve) to female 5 pin DIN cable wiring. The MIDI IN port is configured automatically.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s set to STD otherwise there’s no connection between M:S and Microgranny.

I’ll try sending just CC from daw>m:s>microgranny and see if that works.

Update:

So when I’m sending midi cc from channel1 in bitwig, it’s sending midi on all channels at once, I think this must be related to the issue. I’ll try doing it via reaktor.

I don’t have a m:s but non of the other boxes function as a usb midi to din midi connector/converter. It’s likely the m:s doesn’t either.

It could be something along those lines, but it just doesn’t seem to make sense that I can control the m:s with the computer and the microgranny with the m:s as the same time.

Cheers everyone.

I just ordered one of those iConnectivity midi mio cables, so I’ll just route it all another way. Seems like the quickest way to fix it.

1 Like

Yeah, because usb and midi are integrated into the machine many people expect that it will do usb midi to din midi conversion but it’s just something no elektron box does.
I believe there isn’t even a connection between usb and din midi internally to push the signal through.

1 Like

Ah ok, thank you. I’d usually just use my ultralite so it’s not something I’ve come across before, I just assumed all midi from any source was interchangeable.

1 Like