Need advice on the following…

Had KeyStep > DT > Kenton THRU Box >
Out1 MOTU UltraLite Mk3
Out2 Volca Kick
Out3 Volca Bass
Out4 Volca Keys
Out5 Volca FM
This way I had MIDI Sync
Could not get the ARP on Maschine Jam to play Volcas (no MIDI Out from MOTU to Volcas… Normal)

Have changed the setup to the following:
KeyStep > DT > MOTU > Kenton THRU Box >
Out1 Volca Kick
Out2 Volca Bass
Out3 Volca Keys
Out4 Volca FM
Now I get the Maschine Jam ARP playing the Volcas BUT I have Lost MIDI Sync from DT to Volcas. Though I have MIDI Sync from DT to Maschine daw…

Seems like MOTU is not transmitting MIDI Sync from DT to Volcas…

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking at the following option:
KeyStep > DT > Kenton Merger
MOTU > Kenton Merger
Out1 Volca Kick
Out2 Volca Bass
Out3 Volca Keys
Out4 Volca FM

Will this work?

Have you been through all the MOTU settings? My admittedly older MOTU MTP can be programmed to send/receive across all channels and ports so I can filter what comes in and what goes out on a channel by channel or port by port basis. Just wondering if its prioritising MIDI clock from the computer over MIDI clock at its input? Just a thought

Thanks @Bunker
No such parameters on the Mk3.
Now looking at a different MIDI setup to allow what I am after.

1 Like

No worries.

I should imagine the set up you mentioned last would work, you’ll just have to decide which of the input devices to the merger will send clock and I’d imagine you might need to disable clock send on the other devices or else you might get a conflict? Someone on here recently had a similar issue with MIDI clock I seem to remember and I think that was down to multiple clock sources and a merge unit…But I’ve slept since then!

Hope this helps?