MIDI Sync Problem - Digitakt Master Beatstep Pro Slave

Hey Everyone !

I’ve been trying to Midi Sync the BP to my Digitakt via MIDI, as a slave, but it doesn’t seem to work.
It does work on the reverse situation, Beatstep Pro being the master, but I’d prefer to use it the other way around.

I’m doing a pretty simple and standard procedure :

• DIGITAKT MIDI OUT connected to BP MIDI IN, using the adapter provided by Arturia
  • BP SYNC clock set to MIDI
  • DIGITAKT configured to send MIDI clock

Then, the Digitakt play when I start but nothing happens on the BP side.

I checked the BP configuration with the editor, but couldn’t find any MIDI sync config box/windows to work on.
On the other hand, the BP sync very well using USB/Abelton Live or using the CV sync ports…

My only logical guess at the moment would be about the protocole/wiring used by Arturia’s adapter.

Does anyone ever succeeded on working this type of configuration out ?

Thanks very much ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

are you absolutely sure (assuming the DIP switches are akin to those on KS)
see post here for a possible angle to investigate

Thanks Avantronica for your input :slight_smile:
The Beatstep Pro doesn’t have that kind of jumpers to set up the clock mode, it’s just a simple switch button and it lights up the selected mode. You can see on this pic :
34%20AM

1 Like

Did you figure it out? I’ve been struggling with this myself, and can’t get it to sync up with regular MIDI.
What I had to do was set OUT PORT FUNC on Digitakt to DIN24, then connect from MIDI out to Beatstep’s SYNC IN. Works like a charm!

2 Likes

Did anybody get anywhere with this? I am experiencing similar issues slaving from my Octatrack…