MIDI over USB Freezing DT

I’ve been trying to setup my Digitakt with my iPad and have run into a major issue. If I send clock from iPad (Cubasis) to the Digitakt it runs fine, but if I send note data from the Digitakt to the iPad as well the Digitakt instantly freezes. Frustrating because I definitely didn’t need to buy this iPad DAW (among other purchases) if the Digitakt won’t play well with it. I have yet to test it with my computer where I have Ableton.

AUM forks fine for me, but it’s not a DAW.
Others had great success with Beatmaker 3…I don’t own it

You’re receiving clock and sending note data?

Yes, also program change and record notes from iPad into DT or vice versa.
But that only with apps that respond to midi, like Animoog, M-15 etc., mostly synths.

AUM is it’s done for LINK, midi is not its strong point…but maybe someone will chime in with a better solution
I use more Ableton.
Edit: I think Modstep let’s you do that too it’s on sale for 10€ now

Decided to try Modstep, (I’m really rusty) really works well, out of the set, only iSEM didn’t change program and Kauldron I had to retap the patch. Modstep was set @256 buffer, should be 512…
But it was fun :slight_smile:

Thanks for checking that. Maybe I can get a refund on Cubasis…

I just just ran into the following issue: using a USB connection, enabling MIDI Clock out in Cubasis 2.8.2 and setting the DigiTakt to receive clock (OS 1.11) locks up the DigiTakt every single time.

Anyone have any ideas why that would happen?