MIDI out from all tracks, not just MIDI

Hi there!
Is there a way to have the Syntakt output MIDI on all tracks through USB?

Im experimenting with some visuals and I can get the tracks I choose as midi to output as midi in to resolume, so that works as expected.
But I would also like to be able to “catch” the other tracks, ie have the sound coming from Syntakt tracks and at the same time outputting midi notes to Resolume, is that possible?

Now it feels like if the track is not set up as midi machine it is not outputting midi notes. And if I set it as MIDI track I can’t use it to play sounds (on the Syntakt) at the same time?

After some digging, I found that I am able to get live trigs to output from all tracks MIDI.
If I go into settings / Port config / and change Trig key dest to INT+EXT then hitting triggs will output midi. But sequenced notes are not sent as midi?

Nope, indeed they are not … possibly a Feature Request that they’d consider, I’m not too convinced it’ll happen given the MIDI machines, despite your intended use case - you can only ask …

1 Like

Ahaa ok, too bad, I guess it should be doable since the live trigs are sent, so should be possible to send sequenced trigs!

Il post a Feature Request!

1 Like

Dusted out my old model:cycles and as I remembered it does have a function MOUT you can enable per track to have that track output all midi triggs from sequencer!

Lets hope the same kind of feature would get to Syntakt!

2 Likes

I was disappointed about it with OT. Analog Four and AR can do it too…only notes. MS too.
An option would be nice for all Elektron audio tracks…

I used Arkaos and tried resolume.

1 Like

I actually found a good enough workaround for this last night using USB audio and checking output from each channel in Resolume! Now i can trigg visuals from each track with pretty good accuracy!

I could post a simple write up if anyone is interested!

4 Likes

I’m interested, can you develop this further? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@kemikal ?

1 Like

Hey! Sorry, did not notice notification until now!
What I ended up using was a program called Chataigne as a bridge between overbridge and resolume.

In Chataigne i set upp Elektron as a sound input device, with each channel as a separate track.
Then chataigne translated each audio channel into midi (with some creative programming).
So i could both listen to either volume threshold to create a “trig” or listen to pitch and create a midi note (worked differently good depending on instrumettype, clear notes are easy, gnarly sounds I prefer are harder). But often you can get really good results just with volume and triggers!

Heres a small clip from off me using this technique, im thinking of maybe filming a small tutorial of the setup, have gotten quite. a few questions about it.
Studiobrus on Instagram: "Experimenting with Syntakt and visuals. #syntakt #elektron #resolume #visuals #darkbeats #eurorack"