MIDI notes out from audio?

Hi guys!

I think I have an issue with my OT but not really sure about that.
So I basically need my audio tracks to send MIDI messages to MIDI out.
I turned on the AUDIO CC OUT and AUDIO NOTE OUT.
I set the CHANNELS in Progect menu to 9 - 16.
So when I hit TRIG keys (9-16) manually - they actually send MIDI messages to the corresponding MIDI channel. But when I hit the play button and audio samples start to play (they way I sequenced them) they DO NOT produce any MIDI messages.
Any ideas why?
Thank you!

PS if you’re wondering why do I need that - because I’m already usign all 8 MIDI channels to control my synths and yet I want to control visuals synced to the audio tracks.

I do not think your octatrack is broken. if I remember correctly mine reacts the same… the buttons start sending midi, but I think the patterns itself did not.

In the old days, I slaved arkaos to my mc909, I just used the data coming from that to drive filters and all that…

Tried to do the same with my octatrack and something called virtual vj gold or something like that (freebee on the internet)… but only got it to work with my coatrack by using the midi-sequencer.

like on my mc909, u might be better off just to use the midi-CC of knobs you use allot, instead of using notes to drive clips or pictures.

Here is a small example of what I did: the sound comes from my mc909, the video from arkaos… all recorded with an old vcr… that was later digitized.

What you’re describing is the intended behaviour, not a bug.
It is possible to use [TRIG] key presses and knob turns on the audio tracks to send MIDI messages to other equipment, but MIDI data can only be sequenced on the eight MIDI tracks and not on the eight audio tracks.

1 Like

Thank you, got it!

1 Like