Midi mystery

This is probably something very simple but my midi signal is octatrack to keyboard to model cycles to octatrack.
Im unable to get anything from the cycles to octa, as i am hoping to use keyboard for sample playing.
Any tips?
Ive tried all options known to me…

Can you explain what you want to do?

Im sending clock, arps and lfo’s to cycles thru the keyboard. The keys are going to the cycles but i was hoping to use the keys on a couple of tracks on the octa.
I have changed the midi channels on the cycles not to clash with octa but just cant get the keys past the cycles. Neither out or thru does anything.
It may be an octa setting…

If changing the setting to THRU on the cycles is not working then I think your problem is most likely not the cycles. I’m assuming that you must going TRS midi in and TRS midi out (and there’s no USB midi involved ?)

Actually, you may want to check the polarity of the midi out setting on the M:C, and make sure it matches the TRS -> DIN adapter you are using. Midi over TRS can be type A (which M:C calls ‘STD’) or type B (which M:C calls ‘INV’).

1 Like

All sorted. I didnt realise that the signal needs to be treated like an internal cycles midi out channel. Working a treat now…thanks all

2 Likes